Deals a Brewin' Here in FL

Flason

Found an ad in the newspaper today for a set of LaScala's. Went and saw them and they are in teriffic condition for '78 with AA X-overs. They may need a #0000 steel wool for the tops with a layer of boiled linseed oil to make them perfect. Best thing is I paid $600 for them. Deals are good today.

Flason,

I am envious of you! I got the KG 4 last weekend , myself and they are sweet. The top though are rough-you can see the original finish...........if I took 000 steel wool to them and took the original finish off would I hurt them? They look to be oak underneath!.....? anyway congrats.

Bill, From reading all about refinishing on the forum, it seems that Klipsch paints black the wood that has imperfections. If they still have the original tags on back, that could tell you if they were ever painted. I have also read here that changing from black to wood is difficult because the black stains the wood. As far as the new LaScalas go, I was picking them up for a friend. I saw these as one hell of a deal and my buddy was looking for a surround sound system. I told him these speakers will be great foundation for any theater or 2 channel system. Still can't get over how good of condition they are in. I paid $800 for mine, but had to refinish the entire cabinet. I still have to many speakers in my house and need to have a garage sale.