SPL Meter

Iceman

RTA - Real time analyzer. It takes an incoming signal and displays it's energy content as a funtion of frequency. For a perfect speaker, if you put in a pink noise signal, the output would be flat on an RTA. The Shark preamp does what any preamp does. It takes a low level signal and converts it to a higher level. This one also provides the power to drive the mike. I use mine to look at the frequency response of my various low end speaker experiments. I am trying to get flat to 30 Hz. So far I am down to about 35 with my 828's and 515B's.

Jim N

Moon, as I suspected, the '23' rating the engineer from Celotex gave me is not a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) rating. Its the Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating. They don't put a noise reduction rating on it because it's primarily used as part of a wall, floor or roof system. I would use 0.30 to 0.40 as NRC values for the fiberboard.

As far as the Auralex stuff goes, you know they also have a rigid mineral fiber absorption board which can be fabric covered. Klipsch uses it in their home theater demo rooms. Looks pretty much like a regular wall.

by the way, what's a 'vacation'? 15.gif

----------------

On 9/23/2003 2:13:48 PM artto wrote:

by the way, what's a 'vacation'?
15.gif

----------------

It's that thing you get working white collar jobs. It's thing you want to take to fly out to Oregon and help me out because you make TONS of money in your industry. Oh and because you once called the room I wanted to model my theater after "gross" 2.gif9.gif. I still hold my ground and say that was one good looking room.10.gif

I will go back and look at their products again. I must have missed the panels you are talking about.

----------------

On 9/23/2003 2:33:18 PM m00n wrote:

Oh and because you once called the room I wanted to model my theater after "gross"
2.gif9.gif
. I still hold my ground and say that was one good looking room.
10.gif

----------------

14.gif