Amp for my RF-3's

gcrump

I'm in the market for a good amp. I currently have two RF-3 fronts, a M@K sub, and about to buy Klipsch surrounds and center. I want to know what a good amp to push these would be. I also wanted to know if it's better to buy seperate power amps and a pre-amp. Any input on good sounding matches would be appreciated.

How much are you willing to spend? What has a higher priority: audio or movies? An amp-preamp/processor is usually more expensive when compared to a similar a/v receiver.

I prefer the a/v receiver. I like NAD with my heritage speakers. I do not know how NAD amps go with the newer Ref models.

You may get a ton of responses because everyone's ear is a little bit different. With my RF3IIs, I started with a Yamaha 1300, but the electronics were just "too bright" for my ears at higher volumes. I ended replacing the Yamaha with a Harmon Kardon (over a Denon - close second choice). To me, the HK had the warmest and fullest sound at higher volume levels with Klipschs (especially RF3IIs). Harmon Kardon also has authorized online dealers so that is a plus. 1.gif

H/K AVR 525, RF3II, RC35, RS35, KLF-C7,

SVS 20-39PCi, HSU VTF-2