i teased myself at goodguys today

you guys are right, the bigger the better, even at low volume. If feels like a movie theater. I cant wait to get a HT system!

I see lots of different set ups with processors and amps and im really confused about it all. I mean they had this one processor that was 6 grand! and had a mini LDC of the movie on it!

If i were to invest in the reference stuff, what kinda of power would i need to feed it?

----------------

On 9/24/2003 1:56:37 AM 007 wrote:

I mean they had this one processor that was 6 grand! and had a mini LDC of the movie on it!

----------------

You are no doubt referring to the Parasound Halo C1. Yup, it's a fine processor. But like other's have said, with Klipsch's, while you want a good receiver (or separates) to go along with it, no need to spend thousands. They will sound awesome pretty much no matter what. And the speakers are so efficient, having a monstrous powered amp isn't really necessary, unless you want to power a large room, or are just crazy like a little green Santa elf lurking around on this forum...3.gif

I have had my eye on the 3803. Its only a grand and you get 100+watts per channel. I just love the way these big speakers sound. I think i would invest in the SVS B2-Plus over the RWS-12 because of hte price vs. performance. I wish klipsh subs were cheaper.

On another note, i just got the PM 5.1 Ultras in the mail today and WOW, these things are cool. The sub is huge!

If you got your eyes on the 3803 for $1000, Goodguys also has the new Sony 3000ES receiver on sale for that...it's rated at 150 watts x 7.

I would also check out Pioneer Elite, especially since their new line has come out (although the 45TX and 47TX are still awesome if you can find them). I've always wondered why Goodguys never carried Pioneer Elite...