Highlander started posting pics in the PC general section!

TheEAR

perhaps...two pics of cards on a table...guess it's a start but he has squandered his credibility so much with troll posts here that one or two photos of the system would go a LONG way towards bringing him back...I have NO idea why people hesitate to post a pic or two of their systems!...anyway, I am sure he enjoys the bickering or his posts would be different, if he genuinely wanted to discuss the relative merits of horns versus direct radiators, etc. he would go about it differently, at least that is my opinion. let's see if his system gets posted...tony

"I have NO idea why people hesitate to post a pic or two of their systems!"

tony, I have reservation about certain things that I will NOT post pictures online...

but then I can say the same thing...I have NO idea why you HESITATE to post a picture of YOUR system...or why haven't I seen a single picture of your system (or anything you claimed to have) posted?

I have posted NUMEROUS pics of my system...since you are interested here is one:

livingroomsystem.jpg

I am very happy with my current setup. my questioning of why people in general hesitate to post thier systems did not require such a rude response...Hypocracy? what an idiot you are!

Holy God I never realized how huge Khorns were until this pic. Sunnysal, does that room in your opinion let the khorns "breath?" I've never heard the speakers, but I hear their magic really comes through when given alot of room. By the way, compliments towards your very creative setting up of your components. Kinda like a pyramid, or temple of power.

no design ideas are actually reflected in the setup, just stacked as I could to get everything to fit and to accomodate the ICs...but thanks.

"the greenie thing on top of the tuner", hmmmm...I think you mean a limited edition illustrated Haiku book I have displayed that was a gift from our local Japanese ambassador. It sits on top of a Marantz Esotec Amplifier. my tuner (a 70's SAE) sits in the closet, since there are NO stations worth listening to in San Salvador.

regards,

tony

EDIT p.s. (I forgot to mention that the k-horns breathe into a double height room which opens into the dining and entrance hall, you just cannot see that aspect because of the point of view. the speakers have plenty of space to fill and fill it they DO!)

Just to play devils advocate and defend those that do not post pictures of their systems I find the whole picture posting thing a real pain the backside.

Couple that to the fact that not everyone has access to either a digital camera or a scanner and it probably goes some way to explain otehr's reticence (spelling?? - that dont look right - well maybe).

Of course I am not helped by the fact that my system seems to undergo a major change every month if not every week so any picture of my system found on line is hopelessly out of date.

Now if there was an audiophile add on that took a picture of any change in the system and placed itself online that would be convenient...