RSW-10 vs. M&K MX-105?

slowjoe24

Newbie here.......................My Name is Joe and I am about to purchase a new sub for my HT System and needed some expert advice.

I have listened to the M&K MX-105 with 2 12" subs in it and it was great, however, I wanted to get some advice on the new RSW 10 & 12's. Which has the advantage and why??? BTW, my current ratio is 80/20% (Movies 80% & Music 20%) It might change more as my 5yr. old gets older :)

Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Joe

Slow,

The subs you listed are definitely subs that will make you happy.

As Dan, easylistener, pointed out drop an email to techsupport@svsubwoofers.com .

Don't be shy in asking them questions, they wil help you regardless if you promise to buy or not. But chances are you will strongly consider their produt after you see what they have to offer.

Tom, Ron and Erik are a great group of people. And will help you alotng the way.

Here is an example. Another member of this forum was looking for fabric for his HT. Tom from SVS not only gave us the info about the fabric but how to build bass traps and sound panels for pennies on the retail price.

drop them a line.

scott

Joe,

I dont like M&K because they are overpriced and have poor output down low,the prices they are asking for the amount of bass they provide is nothing special.The musicality,a joke.All subs with a bump in the upper bass will be called musical.Uless very boomy like the mass market trash filling space in most stores.

The RSW12 is a better buy(the RSW10 does not dig deep for HT)its a great sub for both HT and music.Yes the RSW series are like the M&K's in their "musicality" departament but can be had for much less.

For the ultimate in shake however there is the SVS Ultra/PB2-Plus/B4-Plus subs.These can beat any competitors short of DIY in the shake factor.

Also Sunfire and Velodyne make great compact subs more capable than the Klipsch RSW and M&K units.The Velodyne SPL1200 and Sunfire SIgnature both have BIG shake factor and sound good with music.The Sunfire has no upper bass to speak of and needs to be cut low(50-60Hz).

WOW 9.gif I love the website!! The SVS Subs look great, I just have never heard of them? I;ll try to call these guy's and let them advise me.

I am leaning toward the RSW-10 due to the fact that it would be a matching set to the RF-35 Complete Home Th. package!

Just doing some homework on the Sub.

----------------

On 10/6/2003 10:38:56 PM slowjoe24 wrote:

WOW
9.gif
I love the website!! The SVS Subs look great, I just have never heard of them? I;ll try to call these guy's and let them advise me.

----------------

The SVS guys are great, they won't try to sell you more than what they think you need. Even though this is a Klipsch forum, I think there might be more SVS owners than Klipsch sub owners here and that says a lot.