rf3ii as surrounds?

ric

No. Especially if you are using them mostly for movies. I use them with my heritage set-up and they sound great. Just make sure your 3 front speakers match. The surrounds take on less work and the rs3IIs are very good surround speakers IMO.

Edit: I thought you said RS3IIs. My guess is the RF3IIs will sound even better, probably much better.

to pick up where gary left off... the 3's would make an outstanding sat, i know they used to be my sattelites, they are so much better than the rs series, they as you know are full range speaks, and when listening to ht, you will be very pleased to hear the explosions and all the other sound that can be sent to the effects channels. they emphasise all the panned sound so much better, to me it is an outstanding choice for the 7's, plus voice is the same12.gif

I would think if you were already using RS-3's as surrounds that you would lose some in the ambient effects department that those are suppose to be better for producing. However for directional effects the RF-3's would be a lot better. This topic has been beaten to death over here many times

Take a look at this post

Ok, sorry I am late on this one, but I just got my stuff about a week ago and haven't completly tested it all out. My sig says I have what your talking about. RF-7s in the front with RF-3IIs in the back. I will update my sig here soon. I have a Niles speaker selector which I can choose either my RF-3IIs or RS-3IIs or even do both. But I can say each have there own pros. The RS-3IIs have a better transition and don't draw much distration. The RF-3IIs are more direct but can do a fuller sound. So IMOH, it really is a matter of how you want to hear it. Try both or even do both.

CD