PSB Subsonic 7 against VTF-3 or SVS PB-isd

fire pinch

Hi all!

I never tested extensively the PSB Subsonic 7 subwoofer... any of you know how it compare against lets say an Hsu VTF-3 or SVS PB1-isd? Just by curiosity because I have a friend who ask me if the Subsonic 7 well worth the money. I heard one and it sounded quite good but I felt that for the price, we can have just better. I just didnt test it seriously with test tones to know how powerfull it is, its roll off point seemed to be near 30 Hz. I have the Hsu VTF-3 for sell as some may know. I adviced him to buy my Hsu because I felt that it is just better all around. Not because I really want to sell it, I just want to be honnest and I want him to be satisfied of his purchase.

thank you 1.gif

The Sunsonic 7 is a good subwoofer but not in the HSU VTF3 class,and far far away from any current SVS offerings.

I really dont see what people see in PSB subs? Standard woofers(run of the mill),in very standard cabinets powered by standard amps(made for PSB..oh big deal)and with a nice PSB logo.

And...and...

Paradigm sub best PSB subs.Paradigm's PW2100 is a classic example,the new 2100 will further solidify Paradigms position.And what does PSB have to counter the Servo-15? And what about the new Signature 2500 from Paradigm. Well

Not much,just run of the mill woofers ,in bland MDF cabinets powered by plate amps anyone could buy at low cost.

As you can see I am no PSB subwoofer fanatic(and why would I be)

And to the person who said a RSW15 is matched by some ...PSB sub. LOL Tom Nousaine data is a clear indication the RSW15 will whoop a PSB MDF box.

So to recap...

VTF3 and any SVS will butcher the PSB subs(pick your PSB model).

Thank you much Ear... You are making my opinions toward the Subsonic 7 even more solid! As indicated above, I was quite sure the VTF-3 would rock it. But without any long hearing tests, I prefered to have some comments from other and I hoped to have some of you ear 2.gif

You are certainly asking me why Im a bit worried about the VTF-3... its because I can sell the Tempest for the same price and the Tempest crush it completely both in quality and quantity! The price/perfromance ratio of the Tempest is truely INSANE! I was surprised last day to see that the Tempest could beat the VTF-3 by 8-9dB at 20 Hz!!! Maybe the SPL meter got crushed or I did something wrong because I found this unbeleivable! So when Im back to my VTF-3, I have to think differently for how much good it is for the money, I get all shocked, you see...

Thanx for your reply 1.gif