Microsoft & Pioneer Announce new AV Amplifier

Marshal

Already have my sights set in on the 59txi. 9.gif

I am having satellite rado installed in my truck next week withthe detachable unti so I can bring it in and play it in my house and so on.

Now to comment on the article;

Microsoft is fighting the war on piracy yet supports such things as ripping music and converting to WMA. This leads to swapping and so on everything they are against when it comes to thier products. though my new radio will support mp3 and wma files too.

Uhmm this 59txi is lo0king better and better.

with a spin rip and burn I am going to collect cans so i can pay for this monster.

Scott

----------------

On 10/8/2003 5:55:37 PM marksdad wrote:

i just dont trust microsoft, had nothing but probs with all thier stuff, although my son sure loves his x box
12.gif

----------------

Same here. The other issue I have is, are they going to try to DRM this thing so bad to the point that you'll have to insert a quarter every time you want to listen to something? After seeing some of the crap that Microsoft tried to pull in the past, I just simply do not trust them (why do you think that I do not have a passport account?)

If I want to stream music from my computer to my stereo, I'll get an Audiotron and rip everything to plain-jane MP3 files. May not be multi-channel, but I really don't care.

MS just lost a lawsuit in Europe, where they were charged with, forcing the use of their Media system player on their computers. Other companies sued, and won. Stated that MS had a Monopoly on using the Windows media player...........from what I understand.