TIbor

Hi

I have the Klipsch reference series

Rf-3 II(on the way here)

Rc-3 II

Rs-3 II

And a ksw 12 sub

I guess that sub isnt too popular here. It does seem a bit boomie

What would you suggest for a new sub, I would like to stay with the klipsch brand. I see the LF 10 & 12 is the match for the rx-3 II models. But I havent read much about them on this site. Is the lf 12 any good. Any other suggestions.

BTY I am not loaded so I am hoping to keep it in the 500 dollar range.The price isnt set in stone. But I dont want to spend a fortune

Thanks

LF series sub...NO Stay far away,the LF has a short and problematic past,this is why it has such a short life as a current product.

I had a LF10 on test for a few weeks,very disapointed.The Sunfire Mark II whipped the LF10 from pilar to post.At the full retail price the LF10 has to compete against the Mark II,it failed in a lousy way.

I would seek the HSU VTF2,PolkAudio PSW505,Klipsch RW12.

I have the same setup as you do. I went with an SVS 20-39PC+ (under $900 with shipping). What a great sub. Then I upgraded to the PB2+, unreal.3.gif

I would suggest saving up and going with an SVS. They do have some units that are less expensive. Check out there web site and then call them. They are the best when it comes to service before and after the sale.

The used to use dual LF10's and I encountered tons of problems. Klipsch discontinued them due to the amount of problems and the LF12 never even made it to production. I'm not even sure why Klipsch would even release the LF10 with the amount of problems it had.

In the $500 range I don't think you can find a better value than the SVS 25-31PCi($550). If you want to get a little closer to your $500 mark get the passive version for $379 and use any spare receiver or amp you can find. Getting something like the Parts Express 250W plate amp would save you $50 too.