hey mobile, and all other tt heads

marksdad

ok you guys, i read the thread about the 126, now please critique my proposed tt set up (below in sig, quality of the thorens 145? is the bluepoint too much for the tt? will the musical fidelity work well in the mix?, and most importantly, what to look for most when setting up, and how to best set up in order to protect the bluepoint, also i know how to use the discwasher, but i also read in another thread (maybe misunderstood?) to actually wash the lp's? thanks12.gif

Marksdad,

Have you done a 2-channel forum search? Lots of lp cleaning advice. Here's one I found:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=10188&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={5F0380B3-C9E7-4395-B110-77B868B7023C}

I tend to forget to check the archives, too (the search engine doesn't always seem to work), but there's a ton of info on cleaning lp's. Search the message body.

fini

I've got the 145 MK I and love it. Here is THE place to go for tips on how to get the most out of your Thorens:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/thorens_dept_.htm

It is a site that is stocked to the rafters with great tips, suggestions and pics of modded Thorens TT. Your 145 is very much like the 160, but has an auto return feature. If you choose to adopt any of the mods, follow the guidleines on the site for the 160.

For whatever its worth, I've not chosen to modify my 145 at all, and I still enjoy it very much.

Have fun with your TT!