SB Live + win2k

poogle

Ok, so here is the deal, i went out yesterday and bought myself some 4.1's. At first the rear speakers would not work, so I installed LiveWare!3.0 and it royally ****ed up my computer. SO here is my question, is there any way to get 4 speaker output without LiveWare? All i have is the creative base drivers. Please help. Oh, and in like two weeks, im gonna buy a GameTheaterXP. I just kinda wanted to have it working before that. So then i can throw my SB Live out the window :]

------------------

_ _____________________ _

Splurgy Studios

I used the CD that came with my SB Live 5.1 and installed it under Win2K, went to audio HQ and all four channels activated.

Tom

(my only gripe was that the computer was so damn touchy with the volume in win2k, either really quiet, or really damn loud, which is why i run ME, which hasn't crashed or been bitchy at all)

I have a triple boot running on my system. Windows ME, Windows 2000 Prof Sp1 and Windows XP Prof Beta. I have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 X-Gamer and the original 4.1's. I am not having any problems with any of my setups, my ME and 2000 boots both use the install that came with my soundcard. My XP boot does not have the software installed and the rear speakers do not work. But this is my fault, not the pcs.

Are you 100% sure the rear speakers are plugged into the correct jack in the soundcard. When I setup my 4.1's, I plugged the rears into the wrong jack and had the same problem.

Dayton

• 3 weeks later...

Poogle: What motherboard are you using? I had huge probs with my Asus K7v with Via chipset and my SBlive card. Finally gave up and bought a Turtlebeach SantaCruz. Sb finally admitted that there were "problems" with the Via chipset. The Santa Cruz works very well with my 4.1's.....mag