RB-75 speaker review

michael hurd

In the November edition of Home Theater magazine, steve guttenberg reviews the RB-75 bookshelves, along with the RC-7, RS-7, and RSW-15 subwoofer. To sum it all up, he said " The sound was ear delicious! ", and added that he " didn't want to send it back " Neither would I! I think that it would be great to have manufactuers send you products to review, but on the other hand, you have to make sure that you are conveying accurate honest results.

the only thing I don't understand with the klipsch website is why the RB-75's are reccomended for use with the RSW-15, and the RF-5's only the RSW-12. from everything I've read, they base reccomendations off of what will keep up with the speaker (as in you need x amount of subwoofer to keep up with x amount of speaker), this is the only case where they defy this logic. the RF-5's are 2 db more efficient, so one would reason that they would have a larger subwoofer to balance them out, yet they are reccomended for use with something smaller....odd. I run my RF-5's with an RSW-15 and love it.

----------------

On 10/16/2003 10:53:06 PM prodj101 wrote:

the only thing I don't understand with the klipsch website is why the RB-75's are reccomended for use with the RSW-15, and the RF-5's only the RSW-12. from everything I've read, they base reccomendations off of what will keep up with the speaker (as in you need x amount of subwoofer to keep up with x amount of speaker), this is the only case where they defy this logic. the RF-5's are 2 db more efficient, so one would reason that they would have a larger subwoofer to balance them out, yet they are reccomended for use with something smaller....odd. I run my RF-5's with an RSW-15 and love it.

----------------

You make a good point prodj.