Can i buy a 4.1 head for my v.2-400's?

Well, basically, i recently found out that the 4.1's had the two things i wanted that the v.2-400's didnt have, a headphone jack and a mute (on/off) button. Is it possible to buy just the head of the 4.1, and replace it with the one i have now? Any answers would be great, thanks!

This is the preamp that they send you if you send in the original, right? I'm still under warranty on my v.2-400s and don't plan on paying $50 is I don't have to although I'd love to support Klipsch. My home theater system is going to use their reference speakers and KSW-15 subwoofer :-)

Also, I know there's a few more changes done to the 4.1 over the V.2-400s than the pre-amp but I forget what they are. Could someone give some info on this? Thanks.

• Moderators

We would replace the same preamp under warranty; the CP-1 is not a replacement, but a true upgrade.

It has a headphone jack, auxilary in jack, disengage button, and better channel separation.

The 4.1s also have an added crossover in the satellites for enhanced mid-range sound.

Thanks,

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

• 1 month later...

I dont know i just got my cp-1 and i really do think they sound better. The sound seems much more warm and balanced. I had thought they were broken (the set but wasnt sure) Me and my friend had noticed that my sub was just going blooooooooo bloooooo and drowning out everything else. now it seems as though its as it should be in addition to the song not the whole song. THey sound like new. while i see no use for the on off button unless used in conjunction with the headphones i found that the input jack was very useful. I would rather not have to have my computer on to listen to cd's. THis way i can also play games and run programs that require the cd to run and listen to music at the same time.

"We would replace the same preamp under warranty; the CP-1 is not a replacement, but a true upgrade."

Amy, am I reading this right. Do you mean that if my v.2-400 is still under warranty, I can get free upgrade to the cp-1? I hope that is true because That's the only thing that really bug me about the speaker, no headphone jack. As much as I like, no make that LOVE bass, there are other people in the house that need sleep(don't ask me why, silly them cwm20.gif. If anyone else have upgrade theirs, please fill me in. Thank.

• Moderators

No, that sentence is correct...we would replace the SAME preamp that you have under warranty. The CP-1 is a true upgrade for $49.99, and is not available for exchange under warranty (unless you already have a CP-1 and it is defective).

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Still a little fuzzy on the CP-1 upgrade... Is this

CP-1 head unit what is responsible for the improved sound (midrange I think) from the v2-400's to the 4.1's? Or is there actually a slight difference in the sattelites from the V2-400's to the 4.1's? In other words, I don't really care about the mute and CD input in the CP-1, I just want better quality sound. Is it worth 50 bucks? I watch movies and listen to music, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

There is some improvement in frequency response and separation in the new CP-1, but perhaps not enough (IMO) to justify the upgrade by itself.

The midrange difference you've heard about is brought about by the crossover networks that are internal to the speakers themselves. If that difference is important to you, then the best strategy would be to sell the v.2-400 and buy the 4.1 system. There is no upgrade available for the satellite speakers.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665