Elite DV-45A bass management

jkjome85

I am looking at buying a Pioneer Elite DV-45A Universal DVD Audio/Video player. I have a couple of questions: I have heard a lot of people talking about the player not having good or "full" bass management for SACD and DVD-Audio. So, since I own a Harman/Kardon AVR525 reciever which I believe has full bass management for SACD and DVD-Audio, would I be able to just not use the bass management on the player, and use the management on my reciever instead? Also, how noticable is the Chroma-bug when watching a movie? Lastly, I see that there might be another DVD player coming out called the DV-45Ai, does anybody know anything about it?

i used my recievers bass management, and i was really good, audio on this unit is reall good, but video sucks, it can be grainy, and the bug is noticable during high saturation movies, i noticed during toy story, and episode 2, it was so pronounced that it made the whole picture blurry, all in all it only lasted 4 days in my house12.gif

The 45a is a decent unit. Having the 47ai and the 49txi the bass management is performed by the receiver and not the dvd player.

If you can muster up the extra cash for the 47ai I would highly recommend it. I have received nothing but ooooooooowwwwwws and aaaaaaaaawwwwwwws with my 47ai and sony wega xbr.

The dv-59ai is due out december or january with will mean the 47ai prices should drop.

Another unit to take a look at is the denon 2900, a little more spendy but it has turned some heads.

As far as the chroma bug goes it really has not been noticable even though I know what to look for, with the 47ai not sure on the 45a though

Scott