KSP-400 Blown amplifier section

PKuziel

Well today I turned on the stereo and found that I am not hearing any low frequency from the left speaker. It seems to me that the powered subwoofer is not functioning at all. I bought these brand new from Tweeter and unfortunatly Tweeter is not a dealer of Klipsch any longer. I have emailed Klipsch support but I fear I am up Chits creek without a paddle! Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can trouble shoot it?

Thanks

Paul

I called Klipsch but they were closed. I took a meter reading off the rear speaker terminals. The KSP-400 has 3 seprate pairs of terminals. Te good speaker reads as follows:

Low: 67 Ohms

Mids: open

Highs: open

The Bad speaker reads this way:

Low: 67 Ohms

Mids: short

Highs: open

This is odd because the mids are working fine! So I am now totally perplexed.... I would hope that Klipsch could find me a repair facility. I would hate to try to crate up a 115 pound speaker for a ride to Hope AK.

Guess you checked the fuse, huh? The amp can be removed by removing a few screws. I sent one from one of my KSP300's along with one of the woofers and Klipsch repaired one or the other. Don't remember which piece had the problem. Check back on Monday.

Keith

Just call them when they are open and they can help out. They will give you a place to send your speaker to. Sometimes they will send you a box to send your parts in and they fix them and send them back. You will need your orginal recipt though so they know that you bought them from a authorized dealer. I am having all this done with a tweeter in my RF3II's right now.

I will call them on Monday. I bought these back in 1998 and the receipt??? Well lets say that is long gone. They do have me on file as I did register them with Klipsch when I bought them. I would hope that I do not have to send the speaker back. That would be a major pain in the *** as these speakers weigh 117 pounds each. I am hoping they can tell me what part I need to send to them and I can re-install it when they fix and return it. Or maybe they have a authorized repair facility that is somewhat local to Connecticut that I can drive the speaker to.

I guess I will have to wait till Monday.