just bought myslef a new RW12!!!! question on the phase setting though

batibot

First thing you'll need for proper setup is a test disc like Avia, S&V HTT, or Digital Video essentials and a Radio Shack SPL meter(~$30) to set all speaker to the same volume.

I always recommend setting all speakers to small on the receiver and sub to yes or whatever your receiver says. Alleviating your 5 main speakers of the lower freq's allows them to play clean and it gives whatever's powering them more headroom. Also it's much easier to get a smooth in room response when only one speaker is playing the bass. Plus you can move that speaker around to try different locations, with your other speakers there's usually not much placement flexibility

For the phase, play your sub with your mains and set the phase to which ever positin is loudest at the listening position.

For the crossover, turn it all the way up or disable it if it has the option. If your receiver can at least decode DD it has an internal crossover that is activated when you set your speakers to small. You don't want the two crossovers to intefere with each other.

Now just calibrate with your SPL meter and enjoy1.gif.

it has crossover in the back of the sub it says 180,90 and 100 I think cuz I'm at work right now and I do have s&v disc I'll try it when I get home.

So your saying just put it in the 180 and phase on 40 and then listen to it how can I tell if it is in the right phase will it sound loud or mellow?

I know I'm sorry I'm just a beginner and I'm annoying you guys with this dunb questions But I really need some info!!

thanks+