Anybody Out There Try the new Cinema 8's or 10's yet???

picky

I'm thinking of changing-out my older livingroom system from large speakers to a Sat/Sub setup. The new Klipsch Cinema 8 and Cinema 10 Packages look very inviting. http://www.klipsch.com/newscenter/newsdetail.asp?id=777 Has anyone out there actually listened to them and/or purchased them yet? WHADDAYATHINK?

-Picky 2.gif

I haven't tried or listened to a complete set of these, however I did purchase the RCX-4 to replace my Quint center. It is like night and day between the two. Since the change I don't have to backup the movie because the wife and I said "What did they say?" I am considering 2 of the RSX-5's to replace my Quints for the surrounds soon if I get some extra money.

Let me know what you think of them if you give them a spin.

Norman:

That's good information as so many center speakers do tend to "fall-on-their-faces" while facing dialogue. My RC-7 does an excellent job of projecting dialogue (and everything else) and I would expect the same for either of these new Cinema offerings. Thanks. I'll let you know what I think should I have the chance to audition a full set of these.

CO1:

Based on your reaction, I take you do not care for them much? Any specific reasons? I do not plan to use these as my reference system, just for casual usage. My reference system is in our dedicated, basement theater. In fact, the livingroom system still runs on an Onkyo receiver and Dolby Pro-Logic with good results. So, these are not going to be placed into a "hyper-critical" environment. Any thoughts?

-Picky 2.gif

picky-

CO-1 is wailing in despair because he is still WAITING on his ref sats...

i have setup a ref sat system 'parallel' w/a ref rb-75/rc-7/rs-7 system in our projector room.

the ref sats are powered by a yamaha rxv-1400

i am using the rsx-5's(4)rcx-4(1)(with one to be added as a center rear)and the rsw-12 sub.

the ref bookshelfs are hooked up to a fosgate pre/pro and fosgate 5-ch.amplifier.

the difference in sound between the two isn't as big a difference as you may expect, and the ref sats sound GREAT!!

avman.

Yeah I'm just pissed because I have had them on order since Sept. 11th but I think they will be decent speakers. On top of this I do not quallify for the free speaker because I do not want an RW sub but who would when there are better in the same price range.

picky,

By no means would I place my RCX-4 in the same league as your RC-7. Your center is head and shoulders above what I am using now. However, the RCX-4 is still a quantium leap from where I was just a few weeks ago. I have severe space limitions that restricted my from anything wider than the RCX-4 or I would have gotten the RC-35 to match my L/R's.

Later.

----------------

On 10/28/2003 5:17:08 PM CO1 wrote:

Yeah I'm just pissed because I have had them on order since Sept. 11th but I think they will be decent speakers. On top of this I do not quallify for the free speaker because I do not want an RW sub but who would when there are better in the same price range.

----------------

better in the same price than klipsch? like which ones?

i think the specs and sound of the new rw series are great for their price point, and i have compared them to velodyne and polk, so far.

avman.

Avman:

Hey it's good to hear that you think the new Cinema's are great! I can't wait to hear them myself! 3.gif

Ah! I understand completely about CO1's problem; waiting for stuff always sucks! 14.gif I can remember the wait for my Pro-Media system! 15.gif The wait still sucked, but they were worth it! 16.gif

CO1:

Sir! You have my DEEPEST Symapthy!! 8.gif Waits are NEVER fun! I too, may opt out of including an RW sub as well (didn't know about the "free speaker" ??), but for a different reason: Economics. I still have a Polk 10" PSW350 Sub that seems to work fine in my small room. I may simply keep that. I'm undecided at this time. It depends how it sounds with the RCX-4's or 5's. 5.gif

NormanB:

Oh! Good Lord, NO!!! 6.gif I would never put the RCX-4 into the same class as the RC-7!!!! 14.gif (Sacrilege for sure!) I share with you the same space limitations and I am considering using the RCX-4 to free some of this space up. I currently have a fairly large, Polk CS-350 doing "center" duty in that room. http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=5&speaker=245&vintage=1 It does a very nice job with dialogue and has a fair amount of bass, but it may not fit into our plans, especially a year or two from now, should we decide to do a plasma screen in there. It would stick out from the wall further than the entire plasma unit! 15.gif Our RC-7 will stay "on-guard" down in our bsaement, dedicated theater. Thanks for the post!

-Picky 2.gif

heard the cinema 8 & 10 today. sounds pretty awesome, but pricey. the sats are not traditional sats. they are huge. i mean huge when you compare them to the size of others. you may want to go w/the rw-12 or as others have recommended. the price tag is what bothers me. upwards of $1400 for the cinema 10. you can pick up def tech (which i was very impressed with the sound) and jamo (a great value) for about half that price. then you can add a pretty decent sub to bring your total to two subs for $1100- $1200. as you can see in my sig, i don't own anything other than klipsch, so if it were me in the market for a sat system i would reluctantly stroke a check for the klipsch even though there are much better deals out there.

Burtlively:

Gosh! 6.gif I had no perception as to how large the Cinema sats were! If they are as big as you say, I may be forced to consider something else as you'd mentioned. After all, "space" is what I am trying to save. And, it doesn't sound like I'd be "saving" any money-either, judging from the price of the Cinemas. Thanks for the info.

-Picky 2.gif