4 CD's at once...Can barely keep them fed!

Mallette

So I am dumping every CD I own into the MBS-5. It's on a wired/wireless network and I am using its CD, a second machine with a single drive, and my edit machine with 2 drives all at the same time. Neat thing about EAC, you can open multiple copies on the same machine...almost like REAL multitasking. Throughput is about 15 CD/hr when I can keep them all fed. A bit hectic, and I get hung up at times having to re-name files on chant/renaissance stuff that has a lot of duplicate names, but I should be finished with all 200 or so by evening.

Then I intend to start messing around with various cataloging schemes to try to find ways to make it fast and easy to get to the specific CD you want. I've tried to include as many searchable terms as possible in the directory titles so as to make search useful, but I really want to be able to browse easily from the top level without a bunch of drilling down (Microsoft is SO in love with that!) and stuff.

Getting close to a viable intertainment machine. Occurred to me yesterday that on long trips we will be able to use it in the car. Just need to get one of those cassette thingies to plug in from the output to the car stereo. Be great to have just about anything at ones fingertips!

Dave

In my case Dave, that would be my primary use for the MBS box...digitizing my CDs for playback from HD, I would use the recording system for some LPs I have that are not available on CD yet and for some casettes (yes cassettes!) that I want to preserve. how is the ramp up to production and sales coming? these would make great christmas gifts, even if to oneself! regards, tony

I am going very slowly on offering them for sale. I am still thinking perhaps spring, and then late. Perhaps I should offer MBS Digital Audio Gift Certificates :-).

I want to live with it, develop the kind of stuff mentioned above, write documentation (technical writing is a subset of my profession, and I HATE most software documentation) that really provides a good experience right out of the box, etc.

Further, I still have to get legal agreements with OS and other software vendors.

That, while being primary caregiver to 5 and 2 yo girl and boy, pursuing my Instructional Systems consultancy, cooking dinner for my wife who has a full time job and is also a full time MBA student, etc. Piece of cake!

Not complaining...life is good. However, one can choke even on good things.

Dave