Rear Speakers for 7.1 either RB5 or RC7?

mrt

I am planning on adding two more speakers to my home theater for the 7.1 effect. I am currently using the 5.1 setup and I have two RB5 II (front), RC-7 (center) and two RS7 (rear), along with a Sunfire Signature subwoofer. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-49TXI and my family room size is 14 X 28. My question either buy another pair of RB5 II or RS7 for the additional rears? Also, I could sell my two RS7 and purchase four more RB5 II, so I would have six RB5 all around? Have any of you tried any of these configurations? I am leaning towards six RB5 all around, I think that would sound sweet. Your advice is appreciated.

question? with such a nice sized room, why are you going with such small speakers?, second the rc 7 is so much bigger than your front channels, what you really need is a good floor stander to match the center channel, perhaps a set of rf 7's to match, and use all other speaks as sats, this would greatly improve the overall effect, and would also solve your 7.1 dilemma 12.gif

mrt:

I have the same receiver as you and I am also running it in a 7.1 config. Have you considered mounting the rear speakers "IN" the walls? I'm using two RCW-5's for my two rear channels and they sound awesome! They balance-out real nice with the RF, RC & RS-7's elsewhere in the room! I hope this helps.

-Picky 2.gif