Reassurance

DwK

I've been reading alot lately about people that dont think that the Pro Medias are actualy very good, and not what they are cracked up to be... That they are dissapointed, and alot of people questioning whether or not they should buy them.

Let me say, that every time I read one of these I am listening to my speakers, or I turn them on.. just to look for what they are saying.

The Klipsch Pro Medias are by far the Best damn speakers that I have ever heard with the exception of High End Home Theater speakers.

Klipsch Pro Medias beat the pants off my dads Kenwoods, My dads Fishers (that are now mine) and I would even say it beats my friends JBL set up. (... not in loudness, or bass)

If you are not happy with the Pro Medias, the hiss bothers you, or the not REAL strong mid rang bothers you, then move up to a HT system its as simple as that. I know I will be in a few years, but I will always keep my Pro Medias as surrounds and back up because they are good speakers, no doubt about that.

But then your looking at spending 150$ on a CHeap Amp from BestBuy or around 500$ for a good amp from Best buy. Then if you want Klipsch.. then your looking at 250 for a pair SB-1's, the lower end bookshelf speakers. If you want a set up like the Pro Medias (4 speakers) then thats 500$.

Already your at 650-1000$, but exceptionaly better sound quality, and it'll be louder.

Then, if you want a 5.1 system, but the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 isnt good enough for you, and you dont like the 400$ price tag... look at it like this.

You keep that previous set up and add a center channel, lets say the SC-1 for another 280$.

Now your up to 930$ - 1280$.

I'm just trying to put everything into perspective for you.

Pro Media 4.1 will cost you about 300$. You get 4 Good satalites, and a good sub.

Pro Media 5.1 will cost you about 400$. You get 5 good Satalites (counting the center as a sat.) and a larger more powerful sub. 200 watts Dual 8 inches.

Klipsch SB-1's + Reciever/Amp will cost you about 650$ - 1000$. You get very good Bookshelf speakers that offer better sound and more power than the ProMedia Satalites.

Klipsch SB-1's + SC-1 + Reciever/Amp will cost you about 950$-1300$. You get the good Bookshelf speakers, alot better center, and more sound.

And I havent even brought up the sub yet.. Lets say you wanna add a sub.. even if you dont want to go with Klipsch, but you want a powerful one, and you just run up to Best Buy, thats another 150 - 200 bucks right there.

So do you see what I am saying?

The Klipsch Pro Medias are a VERY good buy. They out preform alot of larger more expensive speakers (Kenwood, JBL, Fisher, Sony, Bose)

Its for people that want good sound, but dont have alot of money.

If you want the real good stuff, and have the money, stop whining about the Pro Medias and how they arnt good enough and go buy a real HT system.

One last thing. I remember Paradigm saying how he went with the Paradigm Cinima Series.. then everyone jumped on him. The Paradigm Cinima Series outpreform the Klipsch Quintets (yes I have heard both) and the Quintets are better than the Pro Medias. So using simple math, The Pro Medias are NOT better than the Pradigm Cinima Series.

Even at about 300 dollers less than the Quintets, the Cinima Series is still going to cost you 200-250 more than the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's. And you still need to buy a Reciever/Amp.

So there your looking at 600$-700$ for the Cinima Series, and another 150$-500$ for the Reciever/Amp.

Once again, its all about price. If you got the money... go with the better stuff.

The Pro Medias only have 1 real compeditor in the preformance area and thats the Monsoons.

And I would go with Pro Medias any day.

Well if you think I am wrong, let me know.

If you agree, let me know.

If you feel I left something out, let us know.

THanks for hearing me out.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

i agreed.. that's why i jumped on paradigm.. u cannot compare to a different class .. HT paradigm compare to a promedia 4.1. cost and different class

... if a person use the HT system for pc.. he/she needs a receiver again...... and definitely it will be much better than promedia..... and the cost..

so i am happy to have the promedia.. cos i don't think i can justify the cost of my speakers to be too expensive... when compare to my entire computer system.

i have no problem hooking up a amp with my computer. i have a sony va80es receiver... surrounds speakers.. but all those cables and the space....

anyway.. i LOVE promedia 4.1

• Like 1

wow, mouthful there! Smile.gif

just wondering how much the 5.1 will cost in Aus when it arrives tho... I am just watching out.. with pricings 1.5 times, its not always the case like wat you are trying to say for other countries like ..AUS.. nevertherless u made your point! Smile.gif

So, what made you go with Klips over Monsoons? Have you really, really taken a good hard listen to the MM-2000 Monsoons? I have been listening and favoring the Monsoons over the Klips and wrote the "talk me out of buying Monsoons" topic. I favor Monsoons greater clairty in their highs & mids over Klips greater overall volume and out-put. That seems to be the trade off to me. I'm waiting to heard Klip's new 5.1 system before buying Monsoons. The new systems sub will really have to blow me away to get me to buy them over the Monsoons. Would you mind defending your statement;

"The Pro Medias only have 1 real compeditor in the preformance area and thats the Monsoons.

And I would go with Pro Medias any day."

I'm wondering what your preferances are and why you came to this decision? Remember also, MM-2000s cost only around $215 online and Klips can not be bought for less than $279!

This message has been edited by bradestes on 06-02-2001 at 05:00 PM

Well.. At the time of buying my Pro Medias, last december... I hadnt even heard of the Monsoons... I'm not even sure if they were out yet.

I have heard the Monsoons a few times since.. but I realy havent REALY listend to them... I'm sure they offer a better sound... but I did realy like the sound of the Pros. I like my music loud.. and the Pros Get louder. I will only have these for about another year.. Then I am going to return them, and upgrade to the 5.1's or maby something else will catch my fancy.

My personal Preference is the Klipsch. Yours may be the Monsoons. Neither is wrong.

I just wish the Pro's had a Mid Range Horn Smile.gif

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Hey Dwk If you really want a midrange go out and get one. It's not that spendy for a small amp/receiver and a decent mid/low or mid/high speaker set, use them in conjunction with the pro media system. Thats what I did and it broke the glass in my room. Of course thats cause my idea of good mid/low's was http://www.klipsch.com/index.asp?path=/products/homeaudio/index.asp?frame=y&id=&line=&1

so I guess thats kind of cheating right. oh well money to burn.

------------------

Real life is just another window on my desktop!

-The Shadow

Hi.

Been at my dads.

Well.. I compared the systems.. I liked the Pro Medias alittle better.

But I had to leave them there because I broke his Stereo Reciever Frown.gif

And you will need to ..... check that link you gave me... Its weird because they use Frames.

Try right clicking on the screen, properties, and copy paste that URL.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

What about the RF-7? is that what you ment to send me?

I did some weird wiring with 2 Y connectors, one that I took apart.

I was trying to hook up my Pro Medias, and RAdio Shack didnt have what I needed ( they did but for 7 bucks each and I needed 2 ).. Now I thikn I should have gotten those Frown.gif

Well, it over loaded something in it.. so it doesnt work.

My dads going to get his brother to fix it, he has the scimatics on it so it should be fine.

But I still dont have my Pros Frown.gif I am using a pair of crappy Sony Headphones for a portable radio. I took the Head PHones apart, well I took the part that goes around your head off, so its just the ear buds.

I need to go get my good Sony's... those are nice.

I WANT MY PROS!! Frown.gif

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)