Panasonic TH-42PWD6UY

Bruinsrme

I recently purchased one of these from Dell. Luckily there is a long lead time which will provide a little timeto ensure the HT is ready. I currently have the stand and the speakers. Is there anything else I will need to start some viewing of my movies?

My Sony has 2 component, 2 s-video and 1 composite video cable inputs

will this be achievable with the panasonic?

TH-42PWD6UY 42-inch Multimedia Plasma

Thanks

Scott

Turn the contrast down right away. Be careful with black and grey bars when watching full screen and wide screen. Always expand it to fill the screen to avoid the risk of burn in. Also make sure you properly calibrate your display, which will also help to prevent burn in. I prefer AVIA to Digital Video Essentials but both are good. If you are going to use it as a PC monitor remove all icons from the desktop and set your background to a light grey color similar to the color of the grey bars. You can get programs that will hide your mouse pointer when it is not moving and set your screen saver to a minimum time. If you do display static images or bars on your display give it a brake after a couple of hours by filling the screen with moving images. I read about a guy who bought a Pioneer Elite plasma and suffered burn in after less than 10 hours of use by having the contrast too high while displaying black bars when watching several DVDs. As far as I know no manufactures warranty will cover burn in so be careful. Enjoy your new TV