samsung receiver w/klipsch quintet package

lpdcan28

James - I think, in view of the total package, that the Samsung receiver would mate fine with the Quintets. I mean, for $600, how could you go wrong? I also mean, that for $600, it would be unrealistic to expect the Holy Grail of audio. I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be concerned - I think it would be a fine package for the money. JMO, of course. Also, I (like many) probably used to look down my nose at Samsung as a brand. However, they have come a long way in the last few years, and have been on the leading edge of introducing many video developments and have some good stuff. I would bet their low-end receiver gear would be no different.

Re the Sony -- guess I'm not sure what the relationship is between a receiver and the TV...

DD

I was also thinking of buying the Samsung/Klipsch package...but am getting cold feet. The salesman in a local Home Theater showroom, suggested I get a PolkAudio RM6005 combined with a Sony STR DE 485 Receiver. The price for this package would be $550 compared with the Samsung/Klipsch for $600. I've always liked Klipsch speakers, but don't know much about these combined with the Samsung. Which would you suggest?

I have a set of Quintets and a KSW-10, but not a Samsung receiver. The Quintets w/ the sub sell for $800 @ Best Buy and I feel they're worth every penny of that. If you can get them for $200 cheaper and a "free" receiver to boot, you can't hardly go wrong.

$0.02,

John

Watch out now. Those are not the Quintet package. They appear to be more of a variant of the Pro Media speaker line. You have to pay $1000 to get the Quintet speakers with a Samsung receiver/dvd player. Either of these systems are more of a home theater in a box, which isn't necessariliy a bad thing, but that's what you're getting. I think that if you were to negotiate with a Klipsch dealer you could get the speakers with a decent receiver for little more than $1,000.