LaScala Center

ssh

I've turned the LaS right-side-up & 100% agree with all posters who thought I'd lost my ears to say that the LaS doesn't reproduce dialogue as well as the RC7. On its' side,under the TV,it was lousy_,especially when compared to a well-positioned,good-sounding center speaker.Standing upright, it positions the TV a little higher than is ideal for me,but it sure sounds sweet,& much more seamless than the RC7 with the Khorn mains.I'll soon have the ALKs in,& look forward to that improvement.

SSH 1.gif

Mine sounds fine laying on its side. I only have trouble when I am sitting really off-axis from it. I do not have the option of placing it upright the TV would be too wide for it upright and it would place the TV up too high for viewing without neck strain. Perhaps if I had a pair of the sectional La Scala's it would be possible. Glad you were able to use yours upright.

Frzninvt,

My TV looks awkward hanging over the sides of the LaS, & sitting up so high, but the carpet was getting too much of my sound, & my lady sits "off axis". I had also gotten used to a wide soundstage with the RC7.It is a compromise either way.I'd really like to hang it above the TV, but the Omnimount that will hold it is several hundred $. Maybe Christmas...

JM,

The first multichannel SACD I played was 100% convincing. Then we watched a DVD. Surround Sound found.

SSH

ssh what size TV do you have, mine spans the length of the La Scala on its side, so if perched on it would probably have 6" of overhang on either side. But it would also raise it a foot as well. When I first got it I heaved it up on top of the TV but it is just not wide enough up top to keep in stable. I will have to ponder the notion of trying it upright, I am sure that it would make a significant difference.