B4-Plus subwoofer being shipped tomorrow, I can"t Wait, Need bass BLISS sub/Klipsch

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I talked to Eric from SVS today, my B4-plus should be shipped as soon as the stain drys, Hopfully tomorrow2.gif Can't wait to get that bad boy goin with all my klipsch....Need to be in bass HEAVEN.11.gif

My wife & daughter are a little unsure of the sub, I told them it was the Darth Vader of subwoofers, and that it weighed 190 lbs...I know she thinks I'm nutz but I am turning her around. For the last few nights weve been watching movies and listening to music together as a family and they are definatly enjoying themselves(WEEEE)Thanks be to god. Btw, I am replacing a velodyne fsx 1200 which does very little for me as far as bass goes, my new room is almost 5500 cubic feet and I need the power, I bought a crown K2 amp on ebay for 920 vs 1349 that SVS wanted, also ordered the rane equalizer, and bettercable interconnects. I hope I can count on you guys in the forum to help me get this badboy set up the right way, and fine tune this sub because, unlike most of u guys I an technically STUPID, but I am a very good student and will learn real real fast.

Thanks for all the support that I have recieved on the Klipsch forum!!!!

You da GOODS!!!10.gif

Steve

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/11/2003 8:46:56 PM TheEAR wrote:

TheEAR gives you his sub human support.
9.gif

I know how it feels before a BIG new sub arrives,its an earth shaking experience.
----------------

TheEar,

The sub is on it's way, The sub is on the truck9.gif The sub aint here yet8.gif

Guess I'll have to wait a few more days..

Thanks

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/11/2003 10:05:13 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Steve,

Do you have a CD with test tones so you can properly setup the eq? I also assume you have an RS SPL meter.
----------------

Frankie,

the sub is comming, I did order a spl meter from SVS, but unfortunatly NO, I do not have a cd with the test tones, 15.gif can you recomend where I get one?

Thanks for everything

Steve9.gif

I wanted to be in bass heaven also, well I am there with 4 paradigm pw2200's and 4 klipsch klf20's but my neighbors have been raising hell about there plates and other items rattling in their house even 3 are 4 houses down the street people complain, so i hope you have nice neighbors!!!!!!!!! 9.gif

----------------

On 11/12/2003 6:28:14 PM smilin wrote:

Frankie,

the sub is comming, I did order a spl meter from SVS, but unfortunatly NO, I do not have a cd with the test tones,
15.gif
can you recomend where I get one?

Thanks for everything

Steve
9.gif

----------------

Steve,

I never knew SVS was selling the SPL meters too.

I have the Stryke Basszone Test CD and I use this excel chart to plot my frequency response. Just put whatever your SPL meter says into the "RAW SPL" column and it will automatically compensate for the Radio Shack spl meter's imprecision and make a chart of your frequency response.

If you have a cd burner, you can easily burn a cd of your own test tones. There are two ways you can do this, you can go here and simply download the tones you want and burn then on a cd or you can make your own tones with the NCH Tone Generator(free and easy to use), another member(Formica) explained the process here.

BTW, I only bought that Stryke cd because at the time I didn't know about burning my own tones.

Guest Anonymous

Frankie,

Appreciate the input AGAIN, I will try to find a burner, or will buy a disc. bottum line, when I get the sub we will definatly be talking alot cause i needs to get it set up properly, and i'm sure i can use some help.

THANKS AGAIN

SMILIN2.gif

smilin,

when i got my sweaty hands on a spl meter, i downloaded the free tone generator that frankie talked about, read the threads how to get readings, and then took frankie's great excel file and pumped my numbers in.

i tweaked my freq's a little different--as seen in the attached graph. i basically measured the entire spectrum of sound from my mains and sub. 6.gif trust me, it is fun at first but after doing that a few times...well i will just say that is a lot of freqs to record.

anyway, i took bunches of readings (level it to 75dB at 1000Hz) so i could better see my room response. i figured that in some of my readings that were way high (peak) or low (null) could possibly be just an odd freq that produced a spike in the graph. so my graph will not be smooth like others but i can see true trends (in other words, i can really see if a single freq is bad or if it is the whole range. my response turned out very well as stated by tom from svs. he said if i applied typical smoothing that my response is pretty flat (except the fact i like my low end louder than usual)

good luck w/the graphing, and my advice is not to be overly critical of it's results...you can move your spl meter over just a foot or two and get a completely different response. in fact, if you stand at the tip of my coffee table, at 55Hz there is almost no audible sound...move over a foot and it is deafening...just a weird spot where the waves cancel out.2.gif

let your ear (not the ear, unless readily available3.gif) be the final judge

post-10593-13819250030392_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 11/12/2003 10:48:37 PM tankhokie wrote:

smilin,

when i got my sweaty hands on a spl meter, i downloaded the free tone generator that frankie talked about, read the threads how to get readings, and then took frankie's great excel file and pumped my numbers in.

i tweaked my freq's a little different--as seen in the attached graph. i basically measured the entire spectrum of sound from my mains and sub.
6.gif
trust me, it is fun at first but after doing that a few times...well i will just say that is a lot of freqs to record.

anyway, i took bunches of readings (level it to 75dB at 1000Hz) so i could better see my room response. i figured that in some of my readings that were way high (peak) or low (null) could possibly be just an odd freq that produced a spike in the graph. so my graph will not be smooth like others but i can see true trends (in other words, i can really see if a single freq is bad or if it is the whole range. my response turned out very well as stated by tom from svs. he said if i applied typical smoothing that my response is pretty flat (except the fact i like my low end louder than usual)

good luck w/the graphing, and my advice is not to be overly critical of it's results...you can move your spl meter over just a foot or two and get a completely different response. in fact, if you stand at the tip of my coffee table, at 55Hz there is almost no audible sound...move over a foot and it is deafening...just a weird spot where the waves cancel out.
2.gif

let your ear (not the ear, unless readily available
3.gif
) be the final judge
----------------

One thing that concerns me in your graph is the dip ~45-50hz. That dip is in a very bass heavy region and is robbing you of impact. The only way to get rid of it is to move both of your subs, one of your subs, or the seating position. Is it possible to repost the graph with only the bass freq's?