For those interested, KSP-400 Update

PKuziel

Well, got off the phone with Klipsch last night and was informed that they will be able to repair the amplifier. They are waiting on parts that are backordered. From what I understand Klipsch has had to do alot of replacing of parts in this amplifier. I should get it back in another 2 weeks or so. Word to the wize, YOU CAN NEVER SPEND ENOUGH ON A GOOD SURGE SUPPRESSOR! Apparently I should have spent more.

what brand of surge prot'r were you using?

many have 0-deductable warranties that cover your equipment repair/replacement if they fail.

t2k-

yeah, i can just see ya after a long shift at work when one of them good ol' southern toad stranglers comes up and you get to unplugging all your stuff before the lightning strikes6.gif9.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is the update: I recieved my (repaired) parts back today about a half hour ago. In talking with Klipsch they told me the amplifier looked like it got hit by lightning as they had to replace alot of components. I am unsure if it will sound the same as different/ new parts were used to repair it. I will install it this evening and I will see if it works. The weird thing is that this amplifier was out of warrenty and I should of been charged for the repair but no one ever contacted me for a credit card number or anything. So I guess Klipsch repaired it free of charge! COOL! I wanted to thank everyone over at Klipsch for their politeness and expertise. One being the repair guy( Who ever you are), Shantrese in repair, Mike Beasely of the Repair and Returns Dept. And Gary Poynter of the Tech servises Dept.

Thanks Again

Well I got the parts home last night. I re-installed the amplifier, crossover, & Control Pod. Plug it in and.............................Nada! Nothin! Zero! Ziltch! Eppus! So now I am freeked out. I begin to panic and during my preperations for Hara Kari I remember that the two ground wires on the control pod could have been reversed since they are identicle and not marked. So I remove the control pod and reverse the two ground connections and TADA!!!!!!!!! It works! It would seem that everything works fine. The amplifier section appears to have been totally rebuilt. In fact I believe it is a different one totally as it has different marks on it then the one I sent but I aint going to pitch a fit about it. Now does anyone have a good reccomendation for a surge suppressor?

• 2 weeks later...