B4-Plus delivered today, no one home to get it!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Smilin is alive and well just overly stressed in dealing with ******* attorneys and various sundry A holes, and has not had enough time to really play with his sub becase family issues.(also needing assistance for the technically impaired(and I fit the bill), I need someone to help walk me thru the full proper setup!!!, If anyone lives in the Chicago area I would appreciate help!!)I have been tring to read thru ALL MY MANUALS, AND I HAVE A GREAT BIG HEADACHE. I have set up the B7K 507 AVR so that my speakers are all small, 80 hz crossover, played with all setup according to manual. Do not know what to do with my SPL meeter, just sitting there and I am getting confused.

When I say that the sub sound great for HT, IT DOES.

For music, the sub seems overly boomy, unnatural sounding, I tried putting the baffles in to lower the hz and avoid this issue but the sound just does not seem to be fluent with the music. The only way I can get the sub to work with music is 1) dvd 2) stereo 3) but it will not work with my denon 2900 on sacd, or stereo(why not) I tried reading the manual, but I have not had enought time to learn all my equipment. That's why I paid to have it installed PROPERLY and to learn from the "experts".

WAF factor is LOW15.gif The bass when watching movies makes my daughter bounce off her seat when doing her homework 2 levels up. I am not sure that the placement is that good for the B4, but for my room I do not know where elase I can put it.

My room starts out at 22' x 42' , and ends up 9' wide.

In emails to tom he said to put the B4 in my front left hand corner with the baffles facing the left wall, I have done this and have worked by movu=ing the sub around in that area at least 20 times to try and get the best sound.

All I can say is I am trying, And this sub is one powerful MF'er

Smilin11.gif

I NEED HELP

Thanks

smilin,

You said the sub is boomy! This means its cut too high,you need to lower the cutoff freq.,match the sub output with the mains(rest of the speakers)balance things better.

When the subwoofer is cut say at 40Hz it CANNOT be boomy,as there is NO boom below 40Hz.Boom probably comes from your B4-Plus interacting with your room and creating this nasty hump in the frequency,and the sub muct be cut too high too.

The subs should be alongside the main wall and not in a corner(the B4-Plus has so much low end torque you do not need corner loading).Also do you have a parametric EQ?It helps,the Rane SVS sells is a must to get the most out of your B4-Plus.And belive me proper EQ and cutoff can make or brake almost any sub.Placement cannot solve your room acoustics,it does help.

I wish I was close by,I would calibrate and set your sub but being in Montreal its not a real option,plus I could make you listen to my multi megasubs and you would hear the drastic changes a little EQ and cuttof can bring.

WIth care even a rotten Sony WM40 can sound ok! ANd with a rotten setup a superb Aerial can sound just ok.But with proper setup the Aerial integrates like a glove.

So do not worry,the B4-Plus will sound great.

smilin,

You have a very good SACD and DVD-A player, but it must be set up for bass management. Bass management for SACD usually takes place (if at all) in the SACD player and not the receiver. The Denon 2900 needs to have speaker sizes set to small. Crossovers from 80 Hz down need to be tested one step at a time in both the SACD player and the receiver.

Bill