Any Al Stewart fans out there?

m00n

I've got Year of the Cat on a MOFI vinyl. You should get this as it was probably one of his greater efforts. Love those vinyl sleeves they had with MOFI. Finally started replacing all of the sleeves but with over 1,000 albums I am doing this in small amounts. But back to Al, Time Passages was a great album that got considerable air play which is why I sort of got tired of it but I have not listened to for a while so I think I will have to spin it. Thanks for the suggestion, again. Listened to Supertramp-Crisis, What Crisis? last night and forgot how good this sounds. Check that one out. Cheers.

Moon

I'm an Al Stewart fan..I have all the first albums..on CD..there is a comilation that includes all 3 of his first albums..the CD is titled "To Whom it May Concern"..it encompasses "Bedsitter Images" "Love Chronicles" and "Zero She Flies"..all interesting stuff..then there was "Orange"..after that, there is "Past Present and Future" a great cd (in my ears) that tells stories of WW1, Nostradamus, etc..great storytelling!! Then "Modern Years" came along, another favorite of mine..Al was at his best..of course with "Year of the Cat", he became a superstar, and "Time Passages" followed soon after..another great recording, but as stated before overplayed. I have the later CDs, "24 Carrots" "Russian and Americans" ( I like this one) "Last Days of the Century" "Rhymes in Rooms" (earlier songs all acoustic, with Peter Wood) "Famous Last Words" and "Between the Wars"..all are good, all AL, but my faves are the earlier CDs.

I guess there are Al Stewart fans out there (here)

Best,

Steve