Favorite music movie

Colin

I just admitted to liking Eddie and the Cruisers, on the Guilty Pleasures poll, but I also love All That Jazz, Harold and Maude and this years Chicago, but no the CD. I liked High Fidelity, but loved The Commitments. Great story, great rendition of Mustang Sally. I was reminded of this last night when I a saw Scottish fiddle playing lawyer jump up on a table and flash his Batch Watch tartan kilt at the ladies during the finale of southern country rock: Sweet Home Alabama! Only in America.

What is your favorite music movie it does NOT have to be a musical?

;)

The only thing that comes to mind is Chicago. I have never liked musicals but I have to admit that Chicago was a VERY Good movie. I have a hard time believing it beat Lord of the Rings at the awards but still a very good movie. Wait, what am I thinking, of course I can belive it. Hollywood award peeps don't know their butts from a whole in the ground.

Grease was a good movie. I liked it, but I won't admit it to my wife just out of spite.

She made me watch All that Jazz, didn't care a whole lot for that though.

Now that I think of it, American Graffiti was not only a good musical venue, but also a significant motion picture of its time. George Clooneys movies about the three escaped convicts in the south was also great music, if you like that kind of stuff2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...