Finally I have Promedia 4.1 but is everything ok?

Net22

Hi,

Finally Promedia 4.1 has arrived in Bangladesh and I have it; but something is wrong. I am not getting the expected sound output from the speakers. Sound quality is amazing and everything sounds so nice that I cant believe it. But After waiting for 9 months and paying around US$465 I thought it could have given me more power. My current configuration is Pentium 200 MMX, 96 MB EDO Ram, Intel TX chipset motherboard, VOODOO4 4500 PCI 32MB Vram, Asus 50x max CD-ROM drive, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 2.1 quantum HDD, 14'' monitor, Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A . I have checked all the cables and connections. I have tried everything except re-installing Sound cards driver and Windows 98 SE. At Live! Value Surround Mixer Main is 75%, Wave and CD are 100%. At control POD of the speaker, main volume at around 40%, surround at 60% and sub-woofer at the indicated position. Now what should I do? Anything from anyone? Amy, Seb, Paragon, Hofy, The Rocker, Fawwaz, Roboto where are you people. Please help me. Or should I be pleased with what I have got. Thanks in advance.

Is there anyone who is going to reply to my messeage. cwm25.gifcwm25.gif I have changed my control POD settings to Main 55%, Sub 90% and surround full to get what I have accepted from their 40% of seting. Anyone any suggestion.

• Moderators

It's difficult to respond with anything helpful on something so subjective as "does it sound powerful enough?" It sounds as though all your settings are good. Do you have the soundcard software set to 4 speakers, instead of Live Surround (which sounds a little weaker)?

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Something is happening with my speakers. Sound output is increasing With time. It is very louder than initial output. I think they will get more louder after few hours of listening. Now I am really really impressed. Amy, thanks for the reply. I will let you know what is happening.

Is your sub getting VERY VERY hot?

If it is, maybe you got one of the defective ones.

Am using a Live 5.1 DE and have the Klipsch at about 50% and Winamp at around 85%, Surround mixer at 80%, Wave at 80%. Sounds loud enough for me. Does not really shake anything but you can already feel the bass.

But like Amy said, loudness is really subjective.

Old man like me may not be able to stand the loudness u need.

Also u need to take into account your room size and acoustics.

Hi Roboto,

Hoping that you have recognized me. I do not have loudness problem any more. For some reason it has increased by a huge margin then initial output. But my new problem is crackling sound. At a reason able volume all the speakers statrs to crackle. Don't why. I think I have to get a replacement finally. But it will be a very hard task for me.

Amy,

how will I know that my sub-woofer is suffering from heating problem?

Good Luck Net.

I hope everything turns out ok with your Pro's.

I've already returned 1 set, my old v2-400's.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel