ACADEMY FLOOD - FIVE ON EBAY!

zach7

----------------

On 11/27/2003 4:18:53 PM BigBusa wrote:

why not get the klf-c7? Is this not a better center speaker then the smaller, lighter academy?
----------------

The C7 is a great center channel... for the Legend series speakers. Its sound (or timbre, if you will) does not match the Heritage series speakers nearly as well as the Academy. That is why the Academy is in such high demand... all of the folks who are hanging on to their Fortes, Quartets, Cornwalls, Chorus', etc, and are trying to integrate them into a home theater setup, are scrambling for the more rare Academys that are out there.

I went backwards from the RC3 to the KLF-C7, then finally latched on to an Academy earlier this year, and the difference is amazing. The front soundstage is nearly perfect, and sounds emanating from and moving between the front speakers blend together much better than with the other, newer center speakers.

I can see why the C7 was so popular, and I could very well imagine owning it, if I had the KLF20 or 30 to anchor it. I'm just not anxious to give up my Fortes, which have served me well for 15 years and counting...

Guest Anonymous

The academy's have just been gong for too damn much $$$, i AM TRYNG TO FIGURE out how to pu a cornwall center which is CHEAPER than the academy!!!

Happy t-day

Smilin

• 2 months later...