What to do... what to do...

moondawg

In the past several months I've purchased two pairs of '82 Heresy's to use in my humble HT. I've been waiting for a single Heresy (WO) or another pair to come up on ebay to complete the setup. As it is, I've been following your suggestions and have 3 Heresy's up front. And I must say it sounds fantastic!

Now, with the Academy flood on ebay, I've been rethinking the center.

Putting aside for the moment the ~$300 cost differential between the Academy and a single Heresy, should I go for an Academy center or leave well enough alone with the 3 Heresy's up front?

Thanks,

Mike

Your better off using all the same speakers. There are a lot of post on this Forum telling of all the efforts people have made to make a center channel speaker match the mains. We strive to have treble matched speakers. The best way to do this is not to compromise by using an inferior center channel speaker.

I agree with Q.

Keep your 3 Heresys across the front. IMO, you will not be happy replacing the Heresy with a Academy.

Heresy's are fairly cheap on Ebay and a steal comes up once and a while if you watch. For the price of an Academy, Just buy another Heresy pair and store for a future 6.1 or re sell the extra Heresy.

JM

If you like the heresy in the middle, keep it. You'll get better voice clarity with an academy but the heresy wins in all other categories, especially music and a seemless match across the front with your set-up.

I opted for the academy over the heresy since I don't listen to much 5.1 music. It does well with cornwalls for movies.

This has been debated over and over and over and over.