Has any one had a chance to compair Videologic Sirocco Crossfires to Klipsch 4.1s?

I have been poking around the net and found several reviews of the Videologic Sirocco Crossfires but all of them are from last year. All most every review compairs them w/ the Klipsch 2-400! They claim that the Videologic Sirocco Crossfire sound better but I was wondering if any one has heard these up against the new and improved Klipsch 4.1 system?

This message has been edited by bradestes on 06-06-2001 at 04:30 PM

some will tell u sirocco.. some will tell u promedia 4.1

it be quite an endless debate...

and the comparison will be affected by a lot of factors.. e.g the environment, the audience, the type of music, and bla bla bla....

so hard to compare but i can tell u, both speakers are goood...

• Like 1

Yea, But if they are even a close second to one another the Videologic Sirocco Crossfires price is insane! I could understand if they blew the Promedias out of the water but for an extra $150 (total $439) the Videologic Sirocco Crossfires are too much. You could save money buying the upcoming Klipsch 5.1 system! Are they significantly different in any respect? I know that Videologic Sirocco Crossfires use only 100watts/RMS but its the loudest cleanest 100watts ever. Is there any one out there that as actually heard these speakers? Are they all they are cracked up to be? Or, has the improved Klipsch 4.1 system totally out performed them now?

I have found that with this forum if you don't keep restating the same question the original topic can really start to stray!

This message has been edited by bradestes on 06-07-2001 at 09:42 AM

He needs a comparison betwen the 4.1's and the VideoLogics.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

For overall neutrality, the X-fires would blow the 4.1's away completely. For extremely powerful bass and more colourful highs (which a lot of people prefer), the 4.1s would win.

Remember, the 4.1s are just the v2 400's with an improved crossover. The drivers are the same quality in both sets, which can't really compare to the Audax drivers used in the X-fires. So in the end, the 4.1s modifications, while a nice improvement over the v2 400's, isn't enough to make them sound as neutral as the X-fires, and the X-fires, while good, don't have the same room shaking power as the Pro's do. Its basically the exact same comparison as the X-fires vs. v2 400's, but the Pro's cost a bit more now, and sound better.