New DVD Format Approved...................?

Bill H.

Hi Bill,

I tried selling the Klipsch but people wanted me to pay them to buy them. The price was less than 60% of Msrp and people thought it was too high. I had one person offer me $1000 and split the shipping for 2 RF7, 4 RS7 and RC7. He sent a nasty email to me for ignoring his offer.

Still ahve the Klipsch but it is surrounded but a whole slew of new equipment.

Klipsch and parasound halos sound great together.

scott

I am not selling them any more. After adding the outboard amps it will be a while til I think abut sellig these klipsch.

The reason why I was selling them ecause the Pioneer Elite and Klipsch was a little too bright for the family. The outboard amps have resolved that issue.

Like tony the tiger would say THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT

Bill:

Although I have heard about this "blue laser" thing, I dunno anything about the new format. But leave it to Sony and Phillips to jump on the "proprietary bandwagon" again and introduce another new, presumably non-compatible, format! One would think that they'd have learned their lesson from the BETA/VHS debate. We can also thank them for the DVD-R Vs. DVD+R debate as well. They might make some nice stuff but Sony is full of baloney when they don't share technology at the expense of the consumer! Sorry: Just my humble opinion.

^Maybe. Part of the specs include Intel's tolkien based encryption sysytem known as HDCP which only works of DVI connectors. So you'll need a compatible TV forthat.

Now, don't expect a DVI>component adapter to work, either. It bypasses the whole point of digital encryption so they're already setting legal agreements to make those illegal.

However, if you do have a set that does that ... it could mean 1080p one day (just as 480i waseasy to transition to 480p progressive).

I may be wrong on this, but when they introduced the blue laser DVDs, they were for recording at more compressed data rates. The blue laser DVD players will play current DVDs, but current DVDs will not play blue laser DVDs. Also, I think consumer players/recorders are 2 years or more away.

Paul