KSP 300's for rears

GRB

Hello to all. First post so bear with me. I have been watching the boards for a while now and I have a question. I have seen some comments about using KSP 300's for rears in 5.1. I have been considering buying a pair of 400's from a local source and wondered if anyone out there is running 300's for rears and what they thought of them in this configuration. Thanks.

Hey, good first post! No speling mistarks, or nothing! Welcome!

T2K (keith) is running KSP-300's all around, and will surely chime in here telling you it's fabulous. I've got the 400's, and you'll be very pleased. Make sure you pick up a KSP-C6 for center, as it is a perfect match for the 400's up front (it SHOULD, being the same speaker minus the sub...).

fini

fini,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I now regret cheaping out and not going for the 400's when I bought the system. I agree that the 6 is also the way to go and is on my future wish list. I will wait to see if T2k weighs in on the subject of the 300's in back.

This could turn into a long discussion. Yes I use KSP300's front and rear. The rears make a huge difference. If a person had a large enough room I would definitely recommend using them in the rear. Just think, no need for bass management as the rears will handle the low end. I do use a separate sub for 'LFE ONLY'.

Actually, I think the ideal setup would use BOTH KSP300's and KSP-S6 surrounds. I have them, but my 16' x 20' room is nowhere near large enough for proper setup.

If you have the room and the cash I would definitely buy the 300's. BTW, the C-5 is a very good center speaker. I had a couple of them. The C-6 is even better with my 300's. Best speaker matching I have ever heard. If you can get one at a reasonable price, I think you would prefer it with either of the fronts.

Good luck!

Keith

Hey TK, thanks for the info. My room is approximately the same size as yours so I guess they would be fine. I do have a couple of questions if you have a minute. Do you run the LFE to the 300's in the rear also or just level wired? Also, what amp are you running?

Rob

Hey! Well its late but lets see. I have a Denon 3801 used as a preamp with an Acurus 125X5 power amp. I also have an Acurus 100X3 that I sometimes use.

I have a sub cable run from the receiver sub out to the LFE input on one 300, another sub cable from that same speaker's LFE output to the other front LFE input. Setting in receiver's bass management is 'LFE ONLY'. From the second speakers LFE output I have a sub cable running to the stand alone sub that is used for LFE. You would call this setup 'daisy-chained'.

Speaker wires are full range, with jumpers in place. So the speakers are basically operating as full range speakers with LFE fed to the LFE inputs. And we all know that LFE is recorded 10 db higher for impact.

Anything else?

Keith

EDIT> Oops, just re-read and missed your actual question. No, no LFE to rear. I run them full range.