New song for Best Rock and Roll song list!

davmar

I recently had a problem with my duplex neighbor with volume, and have pretty much stopped listing to my big two channel (La Scala, Manly Stingray, NAD T531), but they were gone on turkey day, so I called up my sister and told her I was not feeling good and got the tubes warming up.

I have been thinking of a mix of outstanding rock and roll and just got Tommy Bolin: Come Taste the Man for the song Post Toastee, I had this song on another album of his, but this live and long version took out the other version for the list.

I have never turned up the Stingray to half way, till turkey day! OMG! I love this Stereo, I may have to move to the cabin!

The partial list:

1) Yes Ritual (Yes Symphonic Live DTS)

2) Beatles The end (Abby Road)

3) Chicago South California Purples (Chicago @ Carnegie Hall)

4) Peter Gabriel San Jacinto (Plays Live)

5) E.L.P. Lucky Man (Emerson Lake & Palmer

6) Edgar Winter Frankenstein (They only come out at night)

7) Tool Swamp Song (Undertow)

8) Ted Nugent Stranglehold (Ted Nugent)

9) Genesis Drum Duet (The way we walk: the longs)

Any suggestions to add to the list?

Guest Anonymous

Iron butterfly Innagaddadivida

the who tommy

eagles hotel california

creedence all

deep purple smoke on the water

jethro tull aqualung

traffic low spark of the high heeled boys

led zepplin stairway to heaven

king crimson in the court of the crimson king

steely dan aja

ricki lee jones dannies all star joint

weather report

eric clapton after midnight and all else

war cisco kid, low rider

sly and the family stone I want to take you higher

jimmy hendrix are you experienced

too tired now will get back to you

10.gif10.gif

Ok... I am bored and not feeling so well... so perhaps compiling my "greatest rock ever" list will lift my spirits some... these will be random songs I like... so here goes:

Jackson Browne - Stay (or Roadie song... however you know it)

.38 Special - Caught Up in You

.38 Special - What If I'd Been the One

Blackfoot - Highway song

Bob Segar - Against the Wind

Eagles - Hotel California

Journey - Don't Stop Believing

Journey - Only the Young

Journey - Remember Me

Journey - Separate Ways

Journey - Still She Cries (maybe my absolute favorite of all...)

Journey - Lights

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

Neil Young - Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Nightranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Nightranger - When you Close Your Eyes

Roger Waters/Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (I really like the Roger Waters version better... pretty much anything on the RW tour CD and DVD I LOVE... Dogs is great... etc.)

Tom Petty - Refugee

Van Halen - LOTS of Van Halen... pretty much anything by him

Yngwie Malmsteen - yes... its different, but I like most, if not all of his stuff as well

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper and Burnin' for You

Well... I am gonna stop now.. that is a pretty long list... but it was something to do and i do feel a tad better thinking of all the good songs. heh

ac/dc gone shootin, metallica-damage inc., megadeth- symphony of destruction, tool-the grudge, accept-living for tonight, judas priest-breaking the law, savatage-jesus saves, suicidal tendancies-gone breakdown, rolling stones-beast of burden, big wreck-the oaf, soundgarden-outshined, the tragically hip-new orleans is sinking, the headstones-teeth and tissue, smashing pumpkins-bullet with butterfly wings, nirvana-anurism, temple of the dog-pushing forward back, pearl jam-glorified g, collective soul-gel, danzig-mother, fleetwood mac-tusk, elton john-tiny dancer, led zeppelin-going to california, ccr-green river, tom petty-even the losers, wings-band on the run, neal young-into the blue out of the black, black sabbath-into the void, ozzy ozbourne-you can't kill rock and roll, overkill-nechroshine, alice and chains-the rooster, van halen-aint talking bout love, guns and roses-estranged, aerosmith-train kept a rollin, megadeth-angry again, black label society-still born, candlebox-far behind, coc-who's got the fire, the doors-when the music is over-the end, jimi hendrix-all along the watchtower, mother love bone-stargazer, nazareth-please don't judus me, queensryche-silent lucidity, stp-creep, zztop-le grange, whitesnake-still of the night, dio-shame on the night, audioslave-any song by them any song by chris cornell for that matter, tesla- it's not what you got but it's what you give. Many more to list but this was fun1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I think skinard died before van came around...

Thanx everyone for the list, and suggestions! I gave my ***() neighbor a dvd player for christmas so I hope that will quiet HIM down! Going to hook up my almost full 40 gig ipod up to the la scala and see how they sound today.