Buying Cornwalls-need advice

mjc

Klipsch Gurus,

I am near a purchase of a pair of cornwalls (picture attached). The "type" is CD BB and the serial numbers are sequential 7N 816, 7N 817. I have a few questions:

1) Can you tell the mfg date from the numbers? What is the year and how do you tell?

2) The woofers in the two speakers are different. I've been told that the woofer was replaced with a Klipsch woofer. Why do they look different? Am I just being paranoid?

3) Based on the answers to (1) and (2) what would be the value of these speakers. I understand the cabinets have a few knicks and scratches in them.

4) What is a ballpark cost on a new Klipsch woofer (if I need one).

Thanks much. I am getting back into Klipsch after ten years of listening to speakers of much less quality (but that's a story for another time).

Mike

former and soon to be new owner of cornwalls.

post-13015-1381925047649_thumb.jpg

They appear to have been made in 1975.

Probally aroung 6-700 dollars, depends if you need a new woofer. Will you be able to open the back cover and check out the drivers on both units before you pick them up???

New woofer pricing from Klipsch is $135.00, can probally get one off of Ebay for 100 or less.

They look nice from the front, nice clear finish on the birch.

Guest Anonymous

Mjc,

I have also been talking with the seller of these speakers, in the photos he emailed me the drivers appear to be klipsch, just 1 original woofer, and 1 replaced woofer, that is shown by the larger center cone on the one woofer.

if you want to buy them, I will not get in you way. Let me know

Smilin

I live in the chicago area also, and they were attractive because NO SHIPPING cost@!!!!16.gif