And I present to you:

kenratboy

----------------

On 12/3/2003 3:01:30 PM m00n wrote:

Hey right on man! Congrats on getting setup! Makes movie watching so much better eh?
1.gif
----------------

Yup! Watched Two Towers (widescreen, extended version), the battle of Helms Deep, and it was awesome!

My speakers need to get sperad out another foot to each side (distance from left to right tweeter is about 4 feet, I want 5-6), and that requires some furniture movement, and a 30' run of cable for my subwoofer (still trying to figure that out...) and furniture movement, and I don't have the time yet.

Reguardless, I finally get things pulled together, and am good to go. Just need to buy the new center and get my JBL's in the back (I will build shelves 5' off the ground in the corners) and that should do it.

However, in DD or DTS, my sub keeps cutting out. It is fine in analog 2-channel, but in surround mode, it seems to cut out sometimes. Something to screw with.

Observation: My TV used to be on a very tall dresser (which will now go to the closet), and the TV looked WAY too small. Now, it is on the stand, and I am eye-level with it. Wow, it got a LOT bigger. In the opening of the movie (Two Towers), even in 2.35:1, I was getting the feeling I was 'moving', very cool.

About time. I have all components now. YEAH!

Now, it's upgrade time...9.gif

----------------

On 12/3/2003 4:57:06 PM smilin wrote:

Hey where's da Klipsch?

but seriously nice EARS!
2.gif
----------------

Well, if these stupid things didn't give themselves up to me at the pawn shop, I would have probably held off another year and done RF-35's for the mains and a RC-35 for the center, however, these are good speakers, and I might wait a while (until I am out of college) and get some really nice Klipsch (RF-7's or the THX system when it arrives) I am about to blow $600 on the center, so that will further solidify my desire to get some milage out of this system.

However, I will be getting a new receiver before too long. I have what is quickly becoming a complex, elaborate system (home theater + 2 channel + computer, etc.) and I need to be able to set up stuff the way I need it. Also, driving these speakers with a $300 Sony amp should be a crime. I am thinking about the HK 252 oe the newer one or a Denon 3803.

Ken:

Congrats on the nice setup! I'm curious as to how you like your JBL's. Over ther years I have heard some JBL's that were very impressive!

BTW: I really love the Reno-Tahoe-Carson area. I used to live in Fallon about 25 years ago, which is where my wife is from. I'm back here in the Detroit (MI) area now, were I grew up. We visit the Reno area about every-other year. My wife and I were there in June and visted friends in Sparks and stayed with friend in Dayton. You live in an awesome area, Dude!

Remember: "Reno is so close to Hell that you can see Sparks!" 9.gif

-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 12/4/2003 3:34:53 PM BigBusa wrote:

jbl's look so plasticy ...no offense but they do!

That center speaker looks like the bottom half of a 1980's boom box.

I'm sure it sounds fine though.
----------------

Hmmm, thats funny, cast aluminum doesn't LOOK plasticy.

Remember, JBL makes EVERYTHING. From cheap plastic speakers all the way up to $25,000/pr. stuff. These speakers are considered to be in their Synthesis line, which is expensive stuff reserved for good dealers and custom installation.

It would be like comparing ProMedia to the Heritage Series. There is a BIG difference.

The center channel is NOT the matching one, I will have to blow almost $600 to get the center, and I will wait a bit on that one.