Surrounds to Match Cornwalls/KLF-C7

Wolk1

----------------

On 12/7/2003 12:48:54 PM BigBusa wrote:

I used a pair of hereseys with my CW's and klf-c7. I also have a ksw-15 sub. I stupidly sold the hereseys and will buy another pair soon. You can find them on ebay for around $450 + shipping.

They match well with the CW's and the klf-c7.

----------------

I'm actually looking for something smaller that can be ceiling mounted. I'm new to home theater-for rears, is it enough just to match the sensitivity of the front speakers, or is it important to have tonal match as well? Any suggestions on smaller klipsch speakers that might fit the bill?

Thanks

Greg

You are asking a question that is obviously subjective. After determining the size it has to be I/m sure you will get some responses. Klipsch has some great ceiling hanging speakers. I for one do not feel the amount of sound you get from rears is not enough to worry about exact matches. I am sure you will hear otherwise, but it is an opinion.

You are going to have trouble matching the Cornwalls. They will overpower small speakers. I have a separate Sunfire amp and two Heresies for my center channel. This after a series of experiments with other Klipsch speakers including the Academy. My center channel is now clear and distinct.

I am using RS-7's, ceiling mounted slightly ahead of listening post, for my surrounds and SA-2's, ceiling mounted for my rear surround. The RS-7's do a good job but since I like my surround slightly higher than normal, I have to crank them up a bit to fit my listening pleasure. I am still in the process of getting the RS-7's mounted properly on the ceiling.

I have built a wooden frame that swivels right and left and has an adjustable trap door to get the right up and down angle. When I am finished mounting the RS-7's I may replace the SA-2's with RS-7's.

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I've got untrained ears, but when I ran my test tone, and with the help of a SLP meter, the KLF C7 sounds great as a center between the two Cornwalls. I've currently got a couple of small polks for my rear surrounds, and have to crank the gain way up to even them out with the Cornwalls. Any suggestions on a good, but small Klipsch that would do the job adequately for the rears?

Thanks