K-33-E with 8 Ohms??

tzehbe

Hi Folks,

I bought a pair of used K-33-E from german ebay. When I got them I found out that on was signed K-33-P (never heard if this) with 3.5 Ohm voicecoil resistance and the other one signed K-33-E with 6.5 Ohm resistance.

Have there ever been K-33 with 8 Ohm nominal Impedance?

Or are they badly reconed?

Are the recone kits for the K-33? Where can I get them? At what costs?

Does anybody now something about the P type?

Questions over questions ...

Thank you

Thomas

I the "P" type was used in the early 70's and has the square magnet. It has been said that the "E" is a better speaker. All are rated as 4 ohm drivers, I forgot what the exact DC resistance will measure with an Ohm meter. I think I have measured them at about 3.5 Ohms. The 6.5 reading that you measured is high.

I can't help you with information on reconing. I always buy replacements from Klipsch, they run around $150.00 each.

Thanks Q-Man,

Seems that I got a reconed K-33.

Bying Klipsch replacements in Germany is hard. I think our dealers fear to sell.

They ask "for what do you need it?" and if you say for DIY you loose, even if it´s only a diaphragma for a K-77 your asking for ...

Do Klipsch sells directly? Or do you have to buy from a retailer? Do they ship to Europe?

Today I got a (german) reconing offer around $170.00. Shipping a new one could be cheaper ...

Thomas

Thanks Q-Man,

Seems that I got a reconed K-33.

Bying Klipsch replacements in Germany is hard. I think our dealers fear to sell.

They ask "for what do you need it?" and if you say for DIY you loose, even if it´s only a diaphragma for a K-77 aour asking for ...

Do Klipsch sells directly? Or do you have to buy from a retailer? Do they ship to Europe?

Today I got a (german) reconing offer around $170.00. Shipping a new one could be cheaper ...

Thomas

----------------

On 12/9/2003 9:25:07 AM tzehbe wrote:

----------------

I tried to get a K22 replacement to Canada and Klipsch unfortunately won't ship outside of the US. I would need to pass through a local retailer.

I don't have the price handy, but the Canadian distributor was about triple the direct price from Klipsch.

I ended up buying a pair off a member here...

Rob

Dear Thomas,

buy here:

Audio Tuning

Herr Bitzinger

Margaretenstraße 98

A-1050 Wien

0043/1/54485800

They sell a new K-33 for about 180,- Euro incl. shipping from Vienna to Germany. That was end of 2002. No silly questions from Mr. Bitzinger. That's the cheapest dealer i found around Germany, more than 30 % off as the rest of the dealers.

Good luck

Bernd

PS: Where are you in Germany?

@all,

Thanks for your hints!

@djk

I checked availability of th 4 Ohm Versions of Beta 15 and Delta 15 in Germany. I would have to order at least 45 pieces ... So I´ll check the prices from proaud.

@bernd

Your Info concerning vienna sounds interesting! I´ll call them to check the actual conditions. The dollar is actually cheap from our point of view.

To your ps: I´m living in Lower Saxony near Hannover

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

indeed, Mr. Bitzinger is a very kind man. I liked to phone with him. And my order came very quick although it was christmas time.

What is the actual price today?

Oops, Hannover is a bit too far from Erlangen. What's your room size, what amping? What type of Klipsch, any mods?

Schöne Grüße

Bernd