Help dating cornwall 1960/ if A= 62 how to date 60

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Guys I bought the cornwall's from the live auction in oak park, I plan on picking them up tomorrow, but when I checked my dating codes I believe they only went as far back as 1962, can sombody please help me so I can determine the proper year for these speakers?

Smilin tonight3.gif

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:37:18 PM smilin wrote:

Guys I bought the cornwall's from the live auction in oak park, I plan on picking them up tomorrow, but when I checked my dating codes I believe they only went as far back as 1962, can sombody please help me so I can determine the proper year for these speakers?

Smilin tonight
3.gif

----------------

AGAIN??

7.gif

j/k...Congrats!

Hey, I was wondering. Can I rent your doghouse?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

AGAIN??

7.gif

j/k...Congrats!

----------------

Piranha

You and me both brother!

11.gif at least the dogs will live in good sounding space! Heh Heh Heh

Fini, what's treys phone # so I can cal from the auction house!

Smilin like a devil9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:43:53 PM Bill H. wrote:

Steve,

congratulations........wow you've bought more equipment in the past month than some of us will buy in our life times...........did you get a good deal on the CW's? Post some pics when you can. Regards

----------------

Bill,

I'm just trying to set a record, thats all2.gif BTW Craig is suppose to post the picture's of the 67 vert I bought!!!hopfully soon cause I would like to see it for myself, if u know what I mean.BTW price is relative if they are the right RARE speakers

Smilin alot2.gif16.gif

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:54:50 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

AGAIN??

7.gif

j/k...Congrats!

----------------

Piranha

You and me both brother!

11.gif at least the dogs will live in good sounding space! Heh Heh Heh

Fini, what's treys phone # so I can cal from the auction house!

Smilin like a devil9.gif

----------------

So Steve, can you give us all an official tally of just exactly what you have procured in the past month? This ought to be interesting.2.gif

Thanks,

Tom AKA Piranha

Guest Anonymous

----------------

So Steve, can you give us all an official tally of just exactly what you have procured in the past month? This ought to be interesting.
2.gif

Thanks,

Tom AKA Piranha

----------------

If I told you I would have to Kill you11.gif HEh heh heh

ALOT

Smilin tonight Need to BUY more!6.gif

smilin

All Klipsch speaker built before 62 had the date on the tags If they are missing they can be dated from the drivers used.

Now with cornwalls it easy to date pre 62 .

59(first year) and 60 had rear ports and tv style front trim. 61 is the transistion year from rear port to the more common vertical cornwall II.

Can you post pics of the Cornwall you won?

I have a 60 cornwall and a 62 cornwall as well as 2 67 cornwalls. so I know the old ones pretty well.

smilin when are you going to start collecting the early khorns pre 62..

So Steve, how much did you end up paying for them, I mean with the "buyer's premium" added (standard for live auctions)? I think you can contact Trey via the 1-800 KLIPSCH line. He may chime in here, too.

Guest Anonymous

Fini,

I bid 850 plus the 22%, But I will not buy them cause when I called to get the serial #'s to check the date out, they are in fact 1977 model, and in need of major work, thus misrepresented and worth nowhere near the price. The jerks at the auction house said there was noway to get the serial #'s before bidding, and said they guarantee the VINTAGE. Now they can gurantee that I would not pay more than 4-500 for those speakers!!!6.gif

Just goes to show that most people don't know much about doing research. I wonder how many Items were mirepresented at that AUCTION2.gif

Smilin