4 ohm speakers- 8ohm receiver

firefighter

The KG2 is a 4 ohm speaker but so long as you do not attempt to use another pair along with them on the rear channels your amp will have no problem with them. A more important issue however will be how well the KG's mate with the rest of the speakers in the system. In order to get the best overall sound and imaging the others will need to be similar in efficiency and sonic character or the KG's may be too loud and the sound effects may get a little weird. What were you intending to use for fronts,centre and sub?

Right now I have Heresy II fronts and a Boston Acoustic 10 inch sub, the Yamaha is 6.1 with 75 watts per channel. I should add that I am new to this and it will take a couple of years to get what I want which is all Heritage, I just couldn't pass on free klipsch speakers. I know there is a timbre match issue and others that I haven't considered and these might not be the best but hey I'm learning.

Jack.