My wife hit a Sammy Sosa grand slam!!

Tom Adams

Last night I'm in the garage dorking around with two strands of miniture Christmas lights. You know, the ones where one light goes out and so do the *&$^# rest? And like why am I spending almost an hour with something that costs two bucks?? Anyhow...the wife comes out the house mumbling & grumbling. You guys know what grumbling I'm talking about here. The one where you just KNOW something is not going right inside. She throws something in the trash can and stomps back in the house. I go back to cussing, er, I mean, fixing the lights. A few minutes later she comes out again (still grumbling) with large picture frames, opens the car trunk, puts them in, closes the trunk, looks at me and says: "I am so mad right now I could spit."

"Uhhhh...why honey? What's wrong?"

"I had this Christmas gift for you all planned out and I was so proud of myself and now it's turned to sh*t. And I want to do it right, but I just can't see spending another $250.00"

At this point she starts crying and I do my best to comfort her and let her know that it will be alright. That I'm sure whatever she's gotten will be just fine and that it's the thought that counts. I was still foggy what the picture frames were all about and that comment about "another $250.00 was puzzling as well. She leaves. After a few more minutes of cussing, I throw the lights way and go inside. The wife still seems to be bummed, but is getting over whatever it is that's gone wrong. However, it obviously gets the best of her 'cause she decides to let me in on what's frustrating her.

The picture frames were meant for the movie posters that she had scoured the internet to find. Except the frames she got didn't fit the posters. Then she says, "Well, here's your Christmas present early. I'm sorry they're not framed. I got them for your HT." Guys....she hands me a roll that has three movie posters: The Matrix Reloaded, Star Trek First Contact, and Terminator 3. She found a place in the UK that prints these things for the film industry. These are not reproductions - they're real movie posters. They are printed from the original artwork. The Terminator 3 poster even has the tear-off "Coming Soon" portion at the bottom of the poster.

I was speechless. It's probably the best Christmas present I've gotten in my life. And I've got a pretty good idea how difficult it was to get these. I am one lucky sonafa*****. 9.gif9.gif

Tom

Tom,

congratulations both to the fine posters, and second to having a super wife! Your Lucky! Later on if I may suggest, go to a store called Jeffery Alan's- they are a very reasonable Picture framing service! This way you could get frames to match your HT decor! Just an Idea! I also like the fact that your number of posts = Insane Poster

m00n - she was so upset cause she wanted to have the posters all framed and ready to go on the walls. You know how it is when you put alot of thought & effort into something and you're just sure you've got all your bases covered and then it all seems to go to hell in a hand basket.

Bill H - We've got a couple of options for framing. While I'd really like one of those lit movie poster things from like Home Theater Interiors.com or somesuch, the price is kinda ridiculous. I might try and make something or do as you suggest, just have them framed. Right now I could care less if they're framed or not. The idea she had and getting them for me is waaaaay more important and special. As for me being an insane poster....well, I'm surprised I've got that many posts. Some on here are just post hoe's. Yeah....uh-huh....you know who you are. 2.gif

Tom