4.1 subwoofer or Promedia SWS

SWklipsch

I have the speakers for a 4.1 promedia setup that are NIB, but no sub (unfortunately fell victim to a 'deal' on ebay only to find out later the sub was not included).

What would work better ???

1) trying to find a sub to match this system? OR

2) would a promedia SWS woofer do the job instead? OR

3) would a sub from a promedia 5.1 do the trick?

The 5.1 sub appears to have a separate control module for the sub where the 4.1 setup has the sub control on one of the satellites. That's one reason I don't know if the 5.1 sub would work or not.

Shaun

You didn't mention a receiver to power the satellites... The SWS is a subwoofer and it does not have amplifiers for the satellites like other real stand alone subwoofers. Without a receiver, you'll need a klipsch 4.1 or 5.1 subwoofer to power the satellites. If you don't have a spare receiver to do this, you will need to buy one plus a subwoofer. But, that's not exactly cost effective... A 5.1's subwoofer would work but I think you will need the 5.1 control pod as well. I don't know whether the 4.1 control pod is compatible. Call klipsch to find out whether they sell the subwoofers by themselves and how much. By the way, how much did you pay for the satellites on Ebay?

• 2 weeks later...