Telarc 1812 Overture in SACD

MrMcGoo

Until this SACD I have not been impressed with the SACD concept. The Telarc 1812 SACD was recorded as a Direct Stream Digital recording throughout the entire recording, mixing and mastering process. It is far better that the remastered SACDs that I have listened to so far. The clarity is perfect, the sound stsge is deeper and wider than any DVD-A in 24/96 that I have.

I am using a Pioneer DV-47Ai to transfer a bitstream via Firewire to a Pioneer 49TXi receiver. The receiver converts the DSD to PCM 32/88.2. This is not as good as an all DSD high-end SACD player from Sony or Phillips, but it does an excellent job.

My advice would be to look for SACD recordings that are DSD throughout and to accept rematered recordings as a last resort (the artist is dead).

Bill

----------------

On 12/16/2003 11:14:28 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Is there still a warning on the label regarding the potential damage to speakers from the cannons?

----------------

Yes. Play it at low volumes first so you don't blow up your speakers yada, yada, yada. I bought mine about 6 months ago and it still had the warning.

• 2 weeks later...

i just picked up this disc today!!!

WOW!!!!

it has incredible and a great presentation in multi-channel.... no gimmicks.... but natural sound just as if you were in the concert hall....

yes.... it still has the warning on the label.....

listening to this disc reinforces my decision to go with the carver professional ZR1000 amp..... the peaks on the cannons were reading about 150 watts on my KLF-30's!!!!!!.... as well as dead silence between tracks and extreme detail in the quiet orchestral passages....

this is definitely one of my top five discs of all time!!!!!