Klipschorn owner wants to get into HT

TheEvan

I used to post on the old board as an avid 2-channel person. But the more I play guitar (classical) it seems the less I listen. I do like the way my son's hideous mix 7 match surround setup sounds. I'm thinking my Khorns could be a good start for my system.

Problem: The Khorns are on the wall opposite the TV. So they would be the rear speakers. Is that nuts? Suggestions?

Well, I'd say it's not ideal, but since the center seems to be most important anyway, three LaScalas accross the front should work just fine. My Khorns are front, with a LaS center & rears, with RC7s for rear centers (until I get the other LaS squawking).

SSH

Evan

I was in your same boat two years ago when I built my HT. I have owned Heritage since the early '80's and knew I would not be happy unless I used the BIG Heritage sound in my HT.

I would use the Khorns as mains not rears. The reason is if you decide to go 7.1 in the future you will want sides and rears, not speakers in your rear corners. Even in a 5.1 it is best to have your rears on your side walls just behind your listening area. Any other Heritage or Extended Heritage line will work fine for sides and rears IMO. I use Heresys all around mine for example.

Do not skimp on your center if you use Khorns. Find a single LAS, Belle or Cornwall. I found a single Heresy to be too small sounding IMHO. Forget the Academy or Reference line in between Khorns unless all you watch are movies with dialog.... Not likely.

Good luck with your project.

JM