Attn: Amy concerning sale price

seafarer

I will never put my credit card numbers on my computer for the hackers to play with. I know about the $50.00 limit but do not want the hassle.

If a company with not accept my credit card over the phone or a personal check by mail I don't do business with them. There are many company that will accept this type of payment.

I agree...it is safer to use the net than the phone or using a check where your account and routing number are there for people to clearly see. and if you will not do business with anyone if they dont take a check or talk to you in person on the phone, you will be unable to purchase anything in about 10 years. Everything is automated nowadays...have you not been approached by the walking talking Bank of America ATM lately???

seriously, there is a lot of security with these sites...people just cant phantom the change, they are uncomfortable with it...but im sure they'll work with you...just give them a call and see what they tell you, dont wait for a reply here.

----------------

On 12/24/2003 3:17:14 PM seafarer wrote:

I will never put my credit card numbers on my computer for the hackers to play with. I know about the $50.00 limit but do not want the hassle.

If a company with not accept my credit card over the phone or a personal check by mail I don't do business with them. There are many company that will accept this type of payment.

----------------

Whatever helps you feel better...

Personally I think its more convenient to order over the net. These days no one wants to talk over the phone anyway. And those who do want to talk are incompetent.

I know the CC number is 128 secured while transmitting over the internet. What I am worried about is once I give out the number it will be in MY COMPUTER FOR ALL TO HACK AND GO ON A SHOPPING SPREE. Just like your computer remembers your name and address etc. when you fill out different forms.

Don't tell me they can't hack into my machine and get it. There are many instances where they hacked big company main frames and stole many customer CC numbers and all the info to go with them such as name and addresses etc.

I have the latest Norton A/V and keep it updated but that won't stopped a determined hacker.

4.gif

seafarer, Im a computer programmer, I can assure you that your CC# is safe when you give it to Klipsch. If you want to delete it forever just click on tools internet options, click the content tab then click the auto complete settings and uncheck the remember checkbox and click the clear history button.

dude, let me tell you something else, no one can hack your pc unless you have a virus that opens up ports for someone, ie. a Trojan. You can only get that if you execute a file. .exe and i think there are a few other tricky extensions. IE makes it confusing because it allows some executable stuff, NEVER download those plug ins you get asked to download. Anyway just run ad aware once in a while and you will be fine.

• Moderators

If it does make you feel better, yes, you can order over the phone at 888-554-5665. However, I think it is more secure if you order over the web as well, because WE wouldn't even have access to you CC #!!! Not that anyone here would take advantage, of course ;)

----------------

I will never put my credit card numbers on my computer for the hackers to play with.....If a company with not accept my credit card over the phone or a personal check by mail I don't do business with them.

----------------

You realize the funny thing about that, though, right?

As soon as you give them your credit card over the phone (unencoded transmission - and from someone working in telephony, I can't even begin to describe some of the conversations I've heard over a TBERD at a switch)....first thing they do is plug it right into the computer you didn't want it to go do in the first place.

Then, they transmit the number over the 'net for validation in an encoding format you don't apparently trust.

The validation company receives this transmission, storing it in their computer, checks it against your credit record, and transmits a validation response BACK to Klipsch's phone rep's PC, whose software receives it and matches it up with the validation request sent out (since the number is stored here, too).

Besides, if you REALLY want to be paranoid, how about paying with VISA at a restaurant? Have you bothered to take a look at how many restaurant receipts you leave laying at the table with the tip have your full CC number on them?

Credit card theft happens. Doesn't matter if you never buy anything online *ever*. That's one of the least effective ways of getting credit cards, anyway. It's just one of the disadvantages we have to put up with due to the inherent advantages of the technology. Someone steals it, cancel it, get another. (And what '$50 limit'? You credit card company sends you an affadavit you sign saying such and such charges aren't yours, and you are not liable for a penny of them!)