Yamaha receiver and RF-3s?

Gnomore

I have the Yamaha RX-V1000 (basically the same as the 800). My RF-3s kick a... Just one thing: if you have the resources, biwire them.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3

RC-3

Synergy Rear surounds

Gnomore:

No, that is not correct. I have heard somewhere that doing that (using both A & B speaker outs to the same speakers) can be hazardous to the speakers; not sure, however. As I understand the matter, biwiring means running two sets of speaker cable from the same +&- out posts on you amp to one speaker. One cable is used to drive the high frequency by attaching it to one of the two sets of +&- posts on the speaker, and the other cable is used to drive the lower end by attaching it to the other set of posts. If you decide to do this, be sure to remove the connectors used to bridge the two sets of posts on your speakers. If you do a search for biwiring on this bb, you'll find many explanations and much discussion of its benefits and comparisons with a similar practice known as bi-amping. Good luck.

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

The ss-1 are very good for HT and pretty good for 6 channel music. I have the RC-3 as my center. I will probably upgrade to the RS-3s using Tweeter's 1 year trade up policy. From what I hear on this BB it is best to stay in the family.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3

RC-3

Synergy Rear surounds

Prana-Bindu is correct about bi-wiring. There are a few choices expensive, very expensive, and outrageous. I have the very expensive model ($275). They make the RF-3s sound great. The expensive wires about $50. The outrageous cables cost about $600. At this price, I would just wait for the RF-7s and get them!

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3

RC-3

Synergy Rear surounds

I don't believe that you have to get really expensive cables to get good bi-wireable sound. My speakers are wired with 12 gauge Tributaries at approx. $1.50 a foot and they sound FANTASTIC. Sure, you can spend your 401K money on wires, but there IS a law of diminishing returns. Live long and prosper with Klipsch.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1