Help PLEASE!!!! (Chorus II's)

joeglow

About three years ago I worked my tail off during the summer in college. I fhad fallen in love with the Chorus II's years before & saw they were on clearance & had to have them. However, I knew little at the time & bought a cheap Klipsch center channel & rear speakers. However, now that I have graduated I can afford to upgrade. I NEED to know what are the best options for a center channel & rears (w/o buying th most expensive ones). Thanks a bunch for the help!!!!!

If at all possible, stick with a Quartet or Forte II for the center... (they all use the M61 midrange). I went from a KMC -> C7 -> Quartet before I was satisfied. I use Forte IIs for front and rear, but they are overkill for the rears (except maybe on DTS Music CD). You will probably pay the same amount for a used pair of Quartets as you would for the C7... and I guarantee you will be FAR more satisfied

j

Well your center choices in preference order are as follows -

1. Another Chorus II

2. Acadamy

3. KLF-C7

4. RC3 or RC7(if available)

But again most center channel choices are limited by size constraints or availability of the speaker of choice. Not many people have room for a Chorus II on top of their TV, and an Acadamy center is very hard to come by, but on a good note......the KLF-C7 is available and is usually marked down on clearance to make room for the new line coming out soon.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player