SAE

Tenn

I have a old SAE (1984) system Amp Pre-Amp Tuner sounds good to me But one channel on the speakers cuts out I just touch the volume and it kicks back in is it worth fixing or trash it I was checking on E bay and SAE stuff still goes for a pretty good price I have been using it in the garage anyway???

The SAE TWO line was done after Morris Kessler had sold SAE to the Japanese. The first SAE TWO were designed and made by Marubeni (now bankrupt) and another vendor (Inkel) had to be found. These are not anything like the original Mark or Computer Direct-Line series. They were modular and were price driven to try and create a more mass market appeal. They are nice units on the level of a Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony, to name just a few. They lost their niche high end market. This proved to be the downfall of SAE, which was then sold to DAK for liquidation.

Your problem sounds like a dirty/oxidized volume pot. Buy a good contact cleaner with lubricant and give it a good squirt. Should be fine after that.

sae a205.jpg

----------------

On 12/30/2003 8:31:41 PM Wardsweb wrote:

..."This proved to be the downfall of SAE, which was then sold to DAK for liquidation."

----------------

That explains my old SAE A205, which was bought from DAK in '91. As far as I know, the A205 was one of, if not the very last, SAE model to be built by the company before they went out of business. It was a mediocre amp...nothing like the SAEs of old.

post-11084-13819251280538_thumb.jpg